Date: Jul 3, 2019
We are looking for a visiting researcher for 18 months' time to join our research project in the area of IoT and AI.
Who you are in general: open-minded, down-to-earth, modest, and collaborative; be able to think and implement both collaboratively and independently; importantly you are able to realize the technical ideas with running solutions (algorithms and/or software); cross-disciplinary background of IoT protocols, distributed systems, and machine learning is appreciated.
* Join the research project and provide runnable solutions to solve problems in reality
* Develop and maintain the big data and AI computation platform together with other colleagues
* Develop and maintain Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) flow with others
* Explore the frontier of the research field
* Contribute researches in the state of the art IoT and AI
Why is Ericsson a good place to work
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company's portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson's investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions - and our customers - are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
In this position, you will have an opportunity to:
* Collaborate with the most talented researchers/engineers across industry and academy, providing you a unique opportunity to enrich your knowledge and skills
* Learn and acquire research experiences by working on state of the art
* Unique research experiences across the boundary between academy and industry, helping you build your contact network
* Research and implement novel concepts, solutions, and algorithms
* Master's in Computer Science (or PhD) (distributed systems, data science, AI or similar) or relevant areas
* Understand Cloud and virtualization technologies, such as docker containers, virtual machines, Openstack
* Hands on experience deploying and managing cloud services, such as databases, message buses, etc.
* Good programming skills in Python is a must; programming skills in Java and Scala is merit
* Hands on experiences with modern data storage and data management systems, such as SQL, MongoDB, Spark, HDFS, etc.
* Hands on experiences on ETL toolkits, such as Luigi and/or Airflow
* Hands on experiences with modern data analysis and machine learning toolkits: Pandas, Numpy, Tensorflow, Pyspark, Keras, Scipy
* Experiences with data visualization toolkits and basic UI implementation, such as Kibana or Grafana
* Good communication skills in both written and spoken English
* Ability to formulate problems and solve them independently and collaboratively with the team members
Additional qualifications (not strictly required):
* Understand and have implemented classical Deep learning models
* Experiences on applied research (research project experiences are appreciated)
* Use-case driven mind
* Distributed systems
If you have any questions, please reach out to the recruiter, Katalin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Role location: Kista, Stockholm.
We are collecting applications until the 11th August and we will review them after this date.
We look forward to meeting you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 281074