What you'll be doing...
You will be a part of the Global Network & Technology organization focusing on the strategic technology evolution across our organization specifically network programmability and automation. As part of this team you will work on the overall architecture and design for Cloud Orchestration including WebScale Containerized Network Functions and VNFs, standards alignment with ETSI and 3GPP Management & Orchestration functions, Verizon Cloud Platform evolution and SDN transformation impacting positive change in the way that our customers live, work, and play.
* Work with various planning and operations teams, partners, standards and SMEs to construct a comprehensive design for Hybrid Cloud Resource and Network Orchestration.
* Judiciously use ETSI and 3GPP standards for the above, and recommend changes to the same if needed.
* Work closely with various teams in designing automation solutions for Life Cycle Management, close loop service assurance, provisioning and activation, etc. in response to overall changes in the network brought in by Virtualization.
* Work with world-class engineers involved in planning and orchestration of virtualized network functions, software defined networks, OpenStack, Kubernetes and ONAP to ensure emergence of a coherent architectural framework.
* Plan and execute proof of concepts (in the lab) for niche and emerging technologies.
* Responsible for providing technical guidance to cross-functional teams in crafting solutions, and describing the impact of the new solution to systems and processes.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with Wireless and Core Networks
* Experience with Virtualization and SDN technologies.
Even better if you have:
* A Master's degree.
* Development experience in a majority of the following areas: OpenStack, Kubernetes, ETSI and 3GPP (5G) Standards.
* Experience with designing and building complex, enterprise grade architectural solutions.
* Experience with application and system monitoring frameworks.
* Knowledge of OpenStack based Cloud Platforms and Kubernetes.
* Strong analytical skills, written and verbal communications skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
* Networking services consisting of Virtual and Physical Network Functions.
* Experience onboarding VNFs on to NFV Orchestrators.
* Knowledge of wireless network - 5GC, LTE, IMS, MPN, RAN, Radio.
* Knowledge of wireline/wireless NOC environments.
* Knowledge of switching fabric, spine leaf architecture.
* Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.