Virtual Systems Engineer - TS SCI w/ Poly
Req #: 211060
Location: Herndon, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must Be Current
* Maintain and support enterprise Linux based systems
* Configure new servers, virtual machines, and PCs appropriately as required.
* Learn and apply virtualization strategies (AWS).
* Provide technical advice on system architectures and workings of all computers, virtual machines, and other hardware utilized in each supported project ecosystem.
* Support DevOps team by providing routine OS, software, and application support for systems deployed both internally and at customer locations.
* Current TS/SCI with Fullscope Polygraph clearance
* Implementing application migrations to cloud providers
* Identify and recommend applications for implementation or migration to cloud services (AWS)
* Perform system administration tasks on Windows Servers, including maintenance, troubleshooting, configuration, software installation, upgrades, and backup/recovery.
* Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
* Automating operational processes using scripting languages such as Shell/Ruby/Python/Ansible/Puppet/Chef tools.
* Develop, implement, and continually improve system and network monitoring and alerting capabilities and procedures.
* Must have at least 1-year experience in managing AWS cloud services like EC2/S3/RDS etc
* Solid knowledge in Windows Server Administration
* AWS certifications desired
* Maintain and monitor windows servers in Virtual environments.
* Previous experience as an Engineer monitoring and troubleshooting Servers (Windows).
* Strong scripting skills to automate infrastructure provisioning/monitoring and the deployment of software releases to development, QA, and production environments.
* Must have strong communication skills and be able to complete tasks independently with minimal supervision. Plans, schedules, and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives (knowledgeable of how to perform this task).
* Experience supporting Virtualized and Physical environments.
* Familiarity with networking, storage, load balancing, virtualization.
Education and Experience:
* BS degree or equivalent and 5-7 years of related experience
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.