KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG (KST), based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 70 years, KST has been dedicated to earning its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical effectiveness.
KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA), an affiliate of KST, is headquartered in El Segundo, California, and is responsible for all U.S. distribution and sales of endoscopes, instruments, imaging systems, electromechanical devices, and OR1® operating room integration technologies.
What does all that mean to you?
It means you would be joining an organization where you can be proud to play a part in making a difference in people's lives every day.
Being a part of KARL STORZ offers many additional rewards.
This includes a commitment to offering competitive compensation, as well as a 401(k) with a 60% match up to the first 6% of your base salary.
We support our employees' health goals by providing outstanding health benefits that include, but are not limited to, medical (PPO, HRA, HSA, and flex spending), dental and vision, as well as amazing wellness programs where you can earn cash or gift cards.
We encourage work/life balance so our employees can recharge and take care of themselves. We offer new employees 3 weeks of paid vacation in the first year, 10 paid holidays and paid sick leave that can also be used to take care of immediate family members.*
We strive to continuously learn and give back to our community. We offer our employees the same opportunity through tuition reimbursement, multiple company-sponsored charitable events and corporate matching for charitable giving.
If KARL STORZ sounds like a company you would like to be a part of, we invite you to learn about our opportunity below!
This position provides advice to both internal and external customers. This advice may be extensive and in depth
depending on the background of the individual. The position is intended primarily to represent individuals
who have a strong background (example Surgical Technician/Biomedical Technician), but who lack extensive
exposure to the breadth of KARL STORZ devices or systems. This position has frequent interaction with internal
and external customers to provide technical advice on KARL STORZ and Third Party devices marketed by
* Demonstrate commitment to serving customers, communication with the customer, and create a welcoming environment for KSEA employees and our customers.
* Comply with current laws, other regulatory agencies, and institutional and operating systems.
* Adhere to all KSEA Policies and Procedures as they apply.
* Knowledge and adherence to Guidelines and Procedures as they are described in the annual education module.
* Protect employee and customer confidentiality.
* Adhere to current organizational Performance Improvement priorities.
* Provide technical assistance with regards to surgical and operational use, troubleshooting, limited in servicing, reprocessing, maintenance and selection of KARL STORZ and 3rd party product marketed by KARL STORZ.
* Professionally troubleshoot and resolve customer issues with KARL STORZ products, thereby improving KARL STORZ branding and product image.
* Demonstrate features or operation of KARL STORZ product line via various mediums including phone, e-mail, conventions, labs, formal training and where deemed appropriate.
* Assist KSEA Marketing, KSEA Sales, KSEC Sales, OR1 field personnel and customer resolve technical issues with Video and OR1 platforms.
* Under direction of department management, works closely with Video Marketing on current and legacy video products.
* Works closely with OR1 Marketing Management and the OR1 Field staff on network and software related issues at current and future installations.
* Read, understand and troubleshoot various systems using existing block, schematic and electronic diagrams for video and OR1 for troubleshooting and support.
* Provide direction to health care IS departments on networking of KS devices as directed.
* Open and close OR1 notifications for OR1 troubleshooting and OR1 Service.
* Ability to learn how to integrate the various systems and technologies found in an operating room
* setting, without actually seeing or touching them, in order to facilitate effective, interactive verbal
* Associate Degree, Bachelor's Degree preferred, or equivalent working experiences.
* Certifications/ Credentials preferred, but not required: CRCST, CBME, CBMT, BMET, CBET
* 2-4 years of experience in Technical Support or Call Center Environments.
* Possess exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
* Familiarity with the KARL STORZ product line helpful.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills
* Must be able to provide clear and concise directions to callers requiring assistance in most direct manner in order to minimize expensive operating room down time. Must possess ability to assess skill level of caller to communicate directions effectively.
* IT healthcare and EHR systems experience preferred.
* Knowledge of MPEG-2/MPEG-4/H.264 Compression, streaming technologies and image/video management and editing. Knowledge of CODECs programs for encoding/decoding digital data
* Knowledge of analog and digital audiovisual technology standards
* Knowledge of the different wireless encryption (802.11, 801.11, etc.) and authentication (PEAP, LEAP, etc.) standards.
* Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, FTP, etc.
* Ability to learn differences between various interface data formats (Dicom, HL7, X12, XML, etc)
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
KSEA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, KSEA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
* Field sales, internships and part-time employees are not eligible for paid time off except for where required by state law.