The Madison Square Garden Company
MSG Ventures is a team of technologists helping to push the boundaries of live, shared, connected entertainment experiences. We are bringing the worlds of cinema, theater, performance, gaming, and sports into the future by creating new technologies for the production, distribution, and display of new forms of media.
Role SummaryMSG Ventures is a team of technologists helping to push the boundaries of live, shared, connected entertainment experiences. We are bringing the worlds of cinema, theater, performance, gaming, and sports into the future by creating new technologies for the production, distribution, and display of new forms of media. The Video Delivery Manager will lead a team to design and implement systems for encoding, distribution, delivery and playback of content for MSG Sphere, which pushes the boundaries of resolution, color fidelity, and immersive audio. They will hire and guide a dynamic, collaborative team of engineers, scope and plan projects, and define production processes. They must be able to effectively manage engineers of all levels and focus efforts for all initiatives, installations, products, and internal toolsets. Specific Functions/Activities Summary
* Provides leadership to Systems engineering staff, including project assignments, oversight, and career development.
* Manages production hardware and technical infrastructure engineering activities, including high-level architecture, scoping, timeline planning, creative problem solving and technology conflict resolution, future-proofing, ongoing project oversight and work guidance.
* Collaborates with other department heads and project managers to ensure the technical and infrastructure needs of each project are met and development timelines are fully defined and efficiently designed.
* Creates and maintains interdepartmental working methods, data and asset transfer pipelines, and open communication channels to create efficiencies in production, including specification and development of internal tools.
* Creates and refines documentation standards for functional and technical specifications.
* Responsible for final review of production Systems budgets and resource allocation.
* Maintains broad technical knowledge, assessing new technologies, hardware and technology possibilities. Assigns necessary testing to vet project technology options
* Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
* 3-5 years of experience managing hardware-focused technical teams
* Experience with typical film production workflows
* Experience with high-resolution video encoding and distribution pipelines
* Experience with real-time video playback platforms (disguise, 7th sense, etc)
* Experience with high-end video and audio editing and mastering workflows
* Experience with broadcast-quality video distribution
* A demonstrated track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound creative, strategic, and analytical thinking skills, while maintaining composure in stressful situations
* Experience with tools such as Office, G Suite, Confluence, Jira, etc.
* General Windows and Linux knowledge
Education. EEO StatementAt MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.
About The Madison Square Garden Company
The Madison Square Garden Company is a live sports and entertainment provider.