Vlocity, a Forbes Cloud 100 company and strategic Salesforce ISV, delivers industry-specific cloud and mobile software that embed digital, omnichannel processes for customer-centric industries. Built in partnership with Salesforce, the global leader in CRM, Vlocity is one of Salesforce's fastest growing partners. Vlocity Industry Cloud Apps embed industry-specific functionality, best practices and business processes for the Communications & Media, Insurance & Financial Services, Health, Energy & Utilities, and Government industries. Vlocity enables companies to achieve faster business agility and time to value from the cloud across digital and traditional channels. Click here to learn more about Vlocity.
Vlocity is looking for a talented Design leader who wants to rethink and revitalize enterprise software. We believe that the complex software that people use to do their jobs can be just as modern, compelling, and delightful as a simple consumer app. We're looking for someone with big ideas and exceptional skills to join our team of fiercely intelligent and experienced professionals.
Our team of hyper-productive, experienced software engineers will turn your designs in to real software. Our professional, experienced team of marketing, sales, and services experts will get it into the hands of customers. You'll work with them every step of the way to transform your vision into a product that people love to use.
* Recruit and manage a team of skilled interaction and visual designers
* Coordinate with Product Management and Engineering to ensure designs are ready for development within our sprint and release cycles
* Lead by example with your own high-quality designs for enterprise applications, consumer web and mobile. Your sketches, wireframes, high-res mockups, and prototypes are shining examples of the work you want your team to do
* Define Vlocity design processes, and manage their implementation across teams
* Lead our company's UX strategy. You'll update our company-wide design patterns and heavily influence the look and feel of our entire product line. You'll drive consistency across our solutions and look for ways to upgrade the existing user experience
* Collaborate with a stellar outside design firm on some ongoing projects, extend their work, and make sure your team takes their work to the next level during implementation
* Come up with "big ideas" and work closely with our SVP of Product to make them a reality
You consider yourself a "product person". You love software and stay up-to-date on the latest technology, apps, and design patterns. You like to build products for humans, not users; you know that making cool software is useless unless it actually helps the person on the other end solve a real problem. You have a knack for making the complex simple. You know how to design elegant tools that are highly configurable.
You have experience communicating with the business side of the organization. You're always up-to-date on company objectives and opportunities. You know how to translate those into actionable priorities for your UX team. You're closely aligned with Product Marketing, Product Management and Engineering.
You may not have past experience with Salesforce, but you're eager to become a product expert. You'll dig in and learn everything you can about our product. You have experience designing elegant experiences for a professional business user - either for small businesses or the enterprise. You love the challenges and rewards of designing modern enterprise solutions.
You're a highly productive individual contributor, but you can also lead and motivate a team. You have a sense of urgency and know how to get things done. You thrive working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. You ensure your team delivers high-quality work for key milestones - sprints, releases, demos, and marketing events.
Desired Certifications / Qualifications
* 10+ years experience interaction design, application design, online or mobile interaction design, or information architecture, with 2 years' experience in enterprise applications design
* Experience leading a team of designers
* Stellar academic background, Bachelor degree or equivalent experience required, specializing in design, human-computer interaction, ergonomics, computer science or cognitive psychology
* Outstanding conceptual design skills as well as interaction design best practices
* Expert-level skills in Adobe CS, Sketch, and leading wire-framing and prototyping tools
* Expertise in CSS and front-end technologies preferred
* Experience in small, agile teams
* Must enjoy the challenges and opportunities of a startup environment
* Strong work ethic, initiative and drive
* US Work Permit Required
* This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Products
* Link to your design portfolio
Vlocity welcomes all. In our journey as a company -- and as individual Vlociters -- we recognize that our diversity is our strength. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including our decisions to recruit, hire, promote, transfer, discipline, or separate are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We provide accommodation for our Vlociters with disabilities both seen and unseen in the spirit and letter of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Vlocity is a Cloud software company with deep domain expertise in vertical applications.