Vice President, Software Engineer
Req #: 190025333
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
The CCB E&A Cloud Services Engineering team is responsible for developing framework for New Banking Applications to speed up its deployment, configuration mgmt., integration services for applications to talk to firm wide systems, maximize the scalability and resiliency of applications on various cloud platforms to exploit their strengths.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Work in development team to identify and design solutions for container platform and public cloud to support varied workloads -online apps, microservices, batch etc. while ensuring appropriate business measures are met.
* Create and develop ecosystem of services and components to integrate with firm wide systems to support applications in Kubernetes and public cloud.
* Develop effective solutions for config management for large portfolio of applications in Consumer bank and ensure their maintenance and manageability is proper.
* Develop systems management solutions using automation and self-repair rather than relying on alarming and human intervention.
* Create, develop and integrate APIs and UI - per written specifications; test, evaluate, engineer, develop, implement and support said technologies.
* Drive technical innovation and efficiency in operations developing tools and automation for example automated governance, resiliency etc.
* Create processes and/or tools that enhance operational workflow and provide positive customer impact.
* Respond to and resolve emergent service problems; build tools and automation to prevent problem recurrence.
* Develop solutions to improve developer experience to lower barrier for developers to onboard and use cloud platforms.
* Develop tools and utilities to provide short term solutions to immediate needs as required.
* Expert level proficiency with at least one programming language such as Java, Go, C/C++, NodeJS
* Experience in the design and implementation of scalable RESTful APIs
* Experience in container cluster management software -Kubernetes, OpenShift etc.
* Experience using Cloud providers such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform services etc.
* Hands on experience in Kubernetes and container technologies, AWS etc.
* Experience developing Microservices
* Experience developing and debugging complex applications
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills - desire to solve complex problems at scale
* Experience in the day to day usage and troubleshooting of Linux based operating systems such as RHEL, CentOS, or Ubuntu
* Experience with the implementation / integration of authentication schemes, single-sign-on systems from an application perspective
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.