In 2016, digital ads drove 108 billion phone calls to U.S. businesses… Surprisingly, the marketers who paid for those ads typically have zero insight into these customer interactions and conversions. As the market leader in call analytics and customer experience optimization, DialogTech provides marketers with an end-to-end call attribution and analytics platform. This enterprise-class solution delivers transparency and control over every conversation, so companies can optimize lead generation, map the full path to conversion, and increase sales conversions.
Thanks to smartphones, consumers are calling businesses to engage in conversations at record rates throughout every step of the customer journey, and at DialogTech we are changing the world of voice communications for our customers. We enable our customers to better attribute, route, personalize, and handle their voice interactions at each stage of the marketing and sales processes.
DialogTech is a venture funded growth stage company with $60,000,000 of funding, over 5,000 customers and 150 employees. Since the beginning of 2014, DialogTech has experienced over 300 percent growth in its enterprise customer base and nearly doubled its average customer size.
We are seeking a highly qualified Vice President of Infrastructure and Security to lead all aspects of DialogTech's technology infrastructure planning, architecture, implementation, and support. You will optimize a complex, diverse, and interdependent collection of networks, servers, and services spread across two data centers and the cloud. You will provide a robust, resilient, and highly available system.
You will also lead the day to day support of all production platforms. You and your teams will ensure sufficient capacity and scaling, that the cost to operate and support the platforms aligns with business expectations, and that all regulatory and compliance requirements are met.
You will be successful in this position if you can:
* Provide both managerial and "player coach" hands-on leadership and mentoring for a team of 15+, including Security Engineers, Network Engineers, Systems Engineers, DBAs, and Telephony Engineers.
* Manage and deliver on our security and compliance efforts for HIPAA and PCI compliance, including managing key third party vendors including the audit process
* Assist the sales team in responding to security and compliance oriented RFPs, including meetings with client security teams when necessary
* Optimize and drive our system-wide operational processes, including root cause analysis, change management, change control, and incident response
* Drive our approach to operations and infrastructure to a fully automated approach, both in AWS and our data centers through our use of tools like CloudFormation, Ansible, TerraForm, and others
* Vendor management, with a specific eye toward cost management
* Implement the tools, processes, and carrier relationships necessary to deliver a premier telephony infrastructure using open source solutions
* Architect, build, and support a transformation in our voice services from a data center solution to a hybrid model, and ultimately transforming to a complete cloud solution
* Plan and execute VoIP Infrastructure upgrades and migration activities while handling risk avoidance and remediation, performance, SLAs, and customer requirements
* Maintain and optimize voice and related network services management facilities in a complex communications environment
* Manage telephony costs through inventory management, vendor management, and least cost routing
* Anticipate, prevent and eliminate voice-related problems and risks by identifying and creating efficient fixes for any security risks, patches/vulnerabilities, etc.
* Implement zero downtime approaches for infrastructure upgrades
* Plan, implement, verify, and test DR and BCP processes as they relate to production systems, balancing costs and benefits of various approaches
* Manage capacity and scalability cost effectively in a dynamic, complex, and global environment
* Review, write and edit technical documents, presentations, briefings, white papers and other work as required
* Consult and assist other technology teams on projects and integration issues
The skills and experience you will need for success are:
* 12+ years of experience in a related field and/or similar role including telecommunications systems responsibilities
* Demonstrated ability to build and lead high performance teams
* Hands on experience and knowledge of complex networking environments hosting time-sensitive protocols that include multiple network connections, complex BGP configurations, QoS, BFD, and active/active data centers
* Experience with open source tools and platforms, Cisco and Juniper products, and the AWS environment
* Experience securing production environments, including incident response and crisis management
* Experience with large scale data architectures using multiple storage engines, including MySQL, Elastic, RDS, Dynamo, Redis, or other similar platforms
* Ability to best drive continual improvement to the Infrastructure team's initiatives, strategies and platforms in response to DialogTech's customers' evolving needs
* Ability to think strategically while leading multiple projects across multiple teams
* Lead all external vendor relationships
* Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
We're committed to improvement and have been one of Chicago's Best Companies, 9 years running, a 101 Best Places to Work in Chicago and an Inc. 500 fastest growing company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ifbyphone is now DialogTech, the global leader in call attribution and conversion.