BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
* Design and develop analyses based on business requirement needs and challenges.
* Identify and use appropriate investigative and analytical technologies to interpret and verify results.
* Lead a team of data engineers and architects to extract, transform and standardize data for optimal use for analytic tools
* Apply and learn a wide variety of tools and languages to achieve results (e.g., Python, R, SPSS, Hadoop)
* Use best practices to develop statistical and/ or machine learning techniques to build models that address business needs.
* Collaborate with the team in order to improve the effectiveness of business decisions through the use of data and machine learning/predictive modeling.
* Innovate on projects by using new modeling techniques or tools.
* Utilize effective project planning techniques to break down complex projects into tasks and ensure deadlines are kept.
* Communicate findings to team and leadership to ensure models are well understood and incorporated into business processes.
* Advanced degree in Applied Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or Marketing
* Master's or PhD preferred in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance, or economics.
* 2+ year experience in advanced analytics, model building, statistical modeling, optimization, and machine learning algorithms including supervised and unsupervised learning, boosting and ensemble methods.
* 2+ year experience with data mining and tools (i.e. Python, SQL, SPSS, R etc.).
* Strong Knowledge of Regression/Linear Analysis
* Experience in normalizing data to ensure it is homogeneous and consistently formatted to enable sorting, query and analysis.
* Experience with third-party API integration.
* Experience with BI / data visualization tools, such as Tableau, would be a plus
* Experience in test engineering for information technology
* Experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining a database and programs to manage data analysis efforts.
* Experience with cloud computing and Hadoop (MapReduce, PIG, HIVE)
* Experience with Spark.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
BlackRock is an investment management company.