JP Morgan Chase
Vice President - Machine Learning Engineer
Req #: 190011908
Location: Lewisville, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
The position sits within the Corporate Machine Learning Engineering and Services function for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO). The Machine Learning Engineering and Services team will create services and platforms that will provide re-usable components and an end-to-end development to deployment environment to accelerate time-to-market for data science teams.
The role will be part of a globally distributed team, with data science and engineering partners in APAC and EMEA. He/she will be part of a team of engineers that produce robust and scalable machine learning models, and enable the services to be deployed and integrated into existing business workflow. He/she will also build common machine learning capabilities used across Corporate based on those models. These capabilities will be delivered in an agile way, on internal open source code base, in a test driven manner. This is an exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge solutions and have a profound influence on the business processes of a leading global bank.
This role will require a wide variety of skills including:
* BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Technology or related disciplines
* 10+ years of exceptional hands-on knowledge of robust software design and development
* Strong Java/ Python programming skills and Web Services (spring boot)
* Experience in Big Data technologies and utilities (Hadoop, Spark SQL, Hive, Impala, Pig, Kafka)
* Expertise in distributed computing and micro services
* Automate and streamline existing processes, procedures, and toolsets
* Innovate new ways of managing, transforming and validating data
* Ensure code paths are unit tested, defect free and integration tested
* Mentor and coach junior team members to build a high-performing team
* Exposure to or interest in ML
* Experience with cloud-native architecture and container orchestration (particularly Docker and Kubernetes) preferred.
* An understanding of how to apply Machine Learning libraries preferred.
* Experience operating as a team lead preferred.
* Experience building solutions using reactive programming preferred.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.