Vice President, Architecture
Req #: 190001637
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Commercial Banking division uses technology driven by innovative minds like yours to provide companies, as well as real estate owners and investors with a range of financial solutions designed to help them achieve their business goals. With annual client revenues ranging from $20 million to over $2 billion, the service and the solutions we provide is critical to both our and our clients' success.
Commercial Banking IT is looking for an Information Architect with skills and experience with large-scale database platform including big data (Hadoop), relational, and No-SQL who will be responsible for database design for all Commercial Banking applications ranging from transactional systems to reporting and analytic solutions. This individual will work with existing development teams to create the data models and oversee the implementations. The candidate will be accountable for solution design and development.
* Provide expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Design and develop data solutions and implement controls/governance across all data domains
* Partner with Business Teams/Middle Office/Front Office to collect business/data requirements.
* Develop and support logical and physical data model for Commercial Bank applications and business processes
* Create and maintain UML diagrams to document exiting business process.
* Conduct data analysis, data mining, identify patterns.
* Monitor data quality application issues, conduct root cause analysis.
* Identifying data anomalies and assess possible business impact.
* Develop and maintain data quality dashboard, issue log.
* Identify and facilitate issue resolutions and escalate where applicable
* Create Business Requirement documents, System Specifications
* Manage competing priorities, multiple work streams, meet deadlines
* Establish and implement change control process for key project artifacts.
* Lead/participate in meetings, providing continuous feedback on project status and offering constructive options to ensure project tracks to original expectations
* Partner with development teams to ensure specifications and priorities are understood and project dependencies are known
* Facilitate decisions at the earliest possible time
* Coordinate with project managers and team members to identify and resolve potential scheduling or resource conflicts
* 15+ years of extensive experience in Conceptual, Logical and Physical data modeling including new application data model design and maintenance
* This role will require in-depth understanding of fundamental financial data concepts, hands on data analysis, continues interaction with both technical team and business owners
* Experience in supporting continues application development; conduct data model impact analysis, and seamlessly integrate new requirements
* Strong communication and writing skills, ability to conduct workshops, facilitate interviews with Subject Matter Experts to capture and document business requirements. Ability to translate business rules into system requirements, data model, UML diagrams
* Proficiency in using one of the following modeling tools a must - ERWin, MagicDraw, Sparx Enterprise Architect, IBM Rational RoseIn-depth understanding of relational, dimensional, OWL/RDF modeling techniques.
* Hands-on experience using SQL/NO-SQL Databases including Oracle, Cassandra, MongoDB, Neo4J, Redshift, Snowflake or similar.
* Experience in data distribution, familiarity with financial industry message protocols such as FIX , SWIFT, FpML
* Experience in defining and implementing data transformation logic
* Ability to work independently, own deliverable from inception to delivery
* Strong communications, documentation, presentation skills using PowerPoint, Excel.
* Ability to build strong relations with developers and stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery
* Experience in working as part of a distributed global development team, responsible for the design, implementation, delivery and support of a global application spanning multiple time-zones.
* Nice to have -knowledge of programming language such as Java, Python, application architecture
* College degree (computer science preferred).
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Company, you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Company we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.