The Project Manager will have responsibility for the planning and execution of multiple concurrent projects related to client's applications for Utility Services clients.
This position will lead other teams in the execution of the project objectives, including project deliverables, performance to budget, and adherence to schedule.
The role needs a positive "can do" attitude with a passion to deliver, self-motivation and a proactive approach. Individuals need to take responsibility, be organized and demonstrate a professional approach to their work.
* Understand and explain the functional scope and technology of the products/service for the project that you are managing * Participate in Portfolio Planning Meetings * Ensure your projects are represented on the Portfolio Plan * Ensure Resources are assigned to upcoming projects that you are managing * Ensure Start Date reflects your ability to manage and deliver projects
* Projects Status Reporting * Documents Management * Documents provided to appropriate parties * Signed Documents are stored in Project Folder * Project Artifacts are stored in Project Folder and appropriate Sharepoint site
* Manage the coordination for Project estimates * Project Plans * Create Project Plan * Baseline Plans * Maintain Project Plans at appropriate level of detail * Ensuring that all tasks are appropriately scheduled (dependency, dates, resources, effort, etc.) * Ensure Critical Path is understood and managed * Ensure Milestones are defined and met
* Establish and Maintain relationship with Technical & Applications Functional Organizations * Understand, Manage, Coordinate activities with all parties external to Technical & Applications * Operations * Telephony * Other Vertex Functional Organizations * Training * 3rd Parties
* Client Status Meetings Activities * Prepare Status * Report on Tasks * Report on upcoming Meetings * Report on Actions/Issues/Risks * Report on Budget time/Dollars (Burn)
* Schedule appropriate meetings related to project * Manage and Maintain Time Management * Ensure Project Resources are assigned to appropriate tasks * Approval of Time / Review of remaining hours * Reject and re-allocation of inappropriate time
* At least 5 full life cycle implementations, 2 as project manager * 1 full life cycle project using a variation of the Scrum agile framework * Technology experience - while you don't need to code .net, you do need to be able to converse intelligently with people that do. * Demonstrated understanding of how the technology you have managed has an impact on business operations. * Ability to converse business process with customers - it's not just about the technology * Managed multiple projects through all phases of the software development life cycle. * Ability to quickly learn and provide value when placed in unfamiliar settings * Ability to build confidence within team and client * Excellent communicator of ideas both orally and through documents and other visual aids * Ability to manage expectations of the client * Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment * Ability to Multi-Task * Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or equivalent work experience * 5 + years (minimum) experience working as a Project Manager in operations and/or business environment (consulting or support of external client a plus). * MS Office Suite Proficiency (including Microsoft Project and Visio)
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.