At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Vehical Health Systems Engineer to help design and build solutions for our current and new generations of micromobility platforms. JUMP seeks professionals who are passionate about making cities around the world a better place to live and bike, care about customer experience, and can help us continually improve our product.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team What You'll Do
* Design, develop and maintain integrated vehicle health management for shared vehicle electronics & mechatronic subsystems
* Guide development of vehicle prognostics and condition based maintenance for operations
* Interface with cross functional technical teams to develop and identify IVHM requirements and drive implementation
* Interface with product management to help define IVHM strategy and feature roadmap.
What You'll Need
* 2+ years in vehicle systems engineering
* 2+ years experience developing physics based system models
* Strong writing skills
* Strong understanding of complex & high reliability systems such as Aerospace, Defense, Automotive or critical industrial machinery
* Nice to have: controls engineering, embedded software experience, applied data science, machine learning
* The ability to make decisions quickly, communicate effectively, own mistakes while recovering from them gracefully
* Willingness to pivot to new tasks and navigate quickly shifting priorities
* Ability to champion, advocate and evangelize IVHM & CBM solutions
* Ability to work cross functionally with many engineering and business disciplines
About the Team
The Jump Hardware Team strives to build the most reliable, cost effective and enjoyable micromobility fleet in the world. We are looking to bring advanced automotive, aerospace and industrial technologies to micromobility.
The vehicle health systems engineer will get a unique opportunity to work across technical, operations and product disciplines and is a high impact, mostly self-directed and cross-functional role.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.