Pre-Media Variable Data Programmer
* ID: 44244
Prepare graphic files for print across all packaging print platforms while maintaining the integrity of the content art, design and brand. Responsible for image processing, including retouching, page makeup, file formatting, silhouettes, trapping, air brushing, color corrections and related operations. Create image proofs and make file revisions as needed. May create impositions to process jobs for press.
Advanced understanding of design and typography and the process of creating a publication through all its phases from concept to printing. Extensive experience in Macintosh desktop publishing (including such software as QuarkXpress, InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustration) is required. Demonstrated talent as an expert designer able to apply skills on any creative projects, including an understanding of the need to balance funtion and visual appearance to acheive successful communication. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required. Organizational, planning skills are required. Requires knowledge of production issues. Able to understand and compile cost estimates for creative products and image files. Able to unterstand client requirement and solve highly technical design problems and meet expectations while remaining in budget for creative assignments.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
* Working knowledge of Quadient Ignite RedPoint and some experience using Visual FoxPro.
* Thorough understanding of data flows, programming principles and programming logic.
* Merge/purge, file conversions, personalization and address standardization.
* Understanding of relational database principles.
* Working knowledge of various data formats, such as: text, xml, databases, ms-office
* Proficiency using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Pit Stop
* Have functional knowledge of font characteristics with MAC or PC OS
* Ability to manipulate and process images, color management is a plus
* Knowledge of USPS Postal Regulations and address formatting
* Knowledge of USPS CASS Certification, NCOA and PAVE presorts.
* Ability to work well in a team in a fast paced environment
* Willingness to learn new skills and collaborate with others
* Minimum of 3+ years of experience with GMC Inspire Designer
* Experience with barcode technologies including 2D symbologies