Sr. Program Management Specialist - Van Nuys, California
Job ID: ES20190605-31216ES20190605-31216
Harris Corporation is seeking a highly motivated, innovative Program Manager Lead with strong team leadership and program management skills. The Program Manager will be responsible for managing the development, integration and deployment of complex electronic warfare systems and for managing segments of major programs which require the formulation and implementation of coherent program plans, leadership of large teams, and coordination with Sr. Management, functional departments and customers.
* Responsible for managing the cost, schedule and technical performance requirements of a program through all phases from inception to completion.
* Directs the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specification, operating budget and financial terms and conditions of contract. Ensures that all resources such as engineering, manpower, production and facilities are available to support the program.
* Involved in defining program parameters or guiding internal research and development efforts in assigned field. Works with customers to determine needs, requirements and new business opportunities. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
* Oversees the program execution to ensure customer requirements are met, while maintaining/updating scope, schedule and costs. Gathers and interprets customer requirements and collaborates across the extended enterprise to identify and acquire relevant assets/resources. Identifies risks and creates opportunities to manage the operational or market risks for a project or program. Identifies opportunities to expand sales to existing customers or sell programs to new customers.
* Use of advanced application of technical and business principles, theories, concepts and techniques to provide solutions to a variety of technical and business problems.
* Travel as required by the customer
* Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering (or related field) and 6+ years of applicable experience OR, Master's degree in Business (or related field) and 4+ years of applicable experience
* 6+ years experience in Engineering, Project Management and/or Program Management in a DoD based business environment
* 6+ years experience in developing/implementing program proposals
Preferred Additional Skills:
* Experience with integrated program scheduling
* Familiar with Earned Value Management processes
* PMP certification
* Master's Degree in applicable field
This position requires the candidate to already possess an active Secret clearance and to maintain the clearance.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
L3Harris EEO statement:
L3 Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Apply SAVE FOR LATER