1. a tech company changing the way the world reads
2. a membership that gives users access to the world's largest online library of books, audiobooks, sheet music, news, and magazines
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the Product Design Team
Scribd is seeking a UX Writer who will drive the vision and direction of our design efforts across mobile and web platforms. We pride ourselves on creating delightful experiences for our readers and are looking for someone who is passionate about user research, design, technology, and reading to raise the bar even higher.
We work closely with the other teams including product, engineering, QA, and customer happiness to anticipate our readers' wants and needs then deliver the solutions that keep the pages turning for our millions of active monthly users.
You work with words inside of user experience design, so you can technically be called a UX Writer, but you may go by the alias of Content Designer or UX Content Strategist. Labels aside, your words help form the customer's experience within a digital product, as well as the variety of channels a customer may interact with throughout an experience.
* Empathy for our users - You speak to our users in their language and make sure our product speaks to them.
* You'll be collaborating with the product designers across multiple teams to craft language across multiple contexts in all areas of our product.
* You'll drive the tactical execution of Product and Email writing, in close partnership with the Content Strategist who is looking at the bigger picture strategic approach.
* You want to understand who our users are, and understand that it is a global audience, not just North American.
* Understanding that both design and copy benefit from a thoughtful system, not just adhoc solutions.
* You embrace the customer journey and fully embrace it is bigger than a single experience or moment.
* 3+ years experience working as part of a larger team, preferably within a Product or Design Organization -- this is a highly collaborative and fast-paced role. (This is not an entry level position. It is a Mid/Senior level role.)
* 3+ years' experience professional copywriting and copy editing experience.
* Experience "owning" content strategy or leading copy within an organization, preferable as part of a Design Team.
* A portfolio of product or marketing pieces as well as cross platform examples that you can link to your experience.
* Experience with A/B testing and user research around copy.
* Experience with internationalization.
* A deep understanding of component based product design or UI patterns.
* Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, flexibly-structured environment.
* Experience collaborating actively with designers, product managers, engineers, senior leadership and other partners.
* Experience with the common design and prototyping skills including: Sketch, Marvel, InvisionApp, Illustrator, Photoshop, Framer, Pixate, HTML/CSS/JS, etc.Language fluency in more than one language is a real plus.
Why we work here
* We are located in downtown San Francisco, within walking distance of Caltrain and BART
* Health benefits: 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
* Generous PTO policy plus we close for the last week in December
* 401k matching
* Paid Parental leave
* Monthly wellness budget and fully paid membership to our onsite fitness facility
* Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
* Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
* Apple laptops and any equipment you want to customize your work station
* Free Scribd membership and a yearly reading stipend!
* Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Santa Cruz, bowling, arcades, geocaching, ropes courses, etc.)
In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team at https://www.scribd.com/about
Scribd values diversity, and we make all hiring and employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, competence, talent, and contribution, not who you are by choice or circumstance. We value the people who make Scribd a great place to work and strive to create an environment where your work is supported and personhood respected.
Scribd is a digital library, featuring e-book subscription services on iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire and Nook Tablet.