At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Customer Experience Design (CXD) team of Wells Fargo is responsible for defining and delivering the B2B customer experience and standards for our enterprise API portal, the Gateway Developer Portal®. The Gateway platform leverages a responsive front-end framework system that delivers API and SDK solutions to commercial banking customers, as well to the enterprise bank itself.
The Visual Design team seeks an experienced junior- to mid-level UX Visual Designer to join our cross-functional UX team, to work on our web-based applications and iOS and Android mobile applications. Candidates should identify strongly as a visual designer, with equally strong brand and interaction design chops. Also, we desire applicants who are naturally adaptable, organized, and a collaborative problem solver. You're comfortable and confident in your abilities to produce iterative comps, mocks, and high-to- low-fidelity prototypes.
A portfolio is required for this position, reflective of your ability to apply visual brand elements like typography, layout, iconography, and color elements to digital, B2B applications. Your portfolio should reflect excellent visual UX design, as well as demonstrate your ability to redline and create complex specs, and work with an established system of design system components and standards.
We're a diverse array of people who are passionate about User Experience and creating simple, human-centered experiences. We embrace creativity, a strongly collaborative environment, and intellectual curiosity, as well as an enthusiasm for proactive communication, best practices in our work, and upholding our brand and UX standards. We're looking for the same in you: a flexible and resilient collaborator with a sense of humor and humble confidence.
Responsibilities & Duties
* Create meticulous, on-time deliverables such as high- and low-fidelity brand expression concepts, comps or mocks, redlines and specs that adhere to corporate brand strategy, accessibility and UX standards.
* Produce on-brand visual design that motivates and guides our customers through their application experience and workflow.
* Possess an eagle eye for typographic detail, color work, layout, and thoughtful adherence to design fundamentals.
* Proactive collaboration with our cross-functional UX, Customer Insights, and Development teams, according to defined processes.
* Be able to embrace grace under pressure, as needed through all stages of Design Sprints.
* Solid verbal and written communication skills, and ability to present visual design work in meeting reviews and cross-functional sprints; demonstrate friendly, articulate communication of your work and design decisions. Listen to feedback and iterate to improve.
* Meet and exceed best practices and standards, measurable impacts, and design integrity in the final digital product.
* 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: digital customer experience, digital product/program management, digital platforms, or digital consulting
Other Desired Qualifications
* 4+ years demonstrated experience designing for responsive, web-based applications, using an established framework design system.
* 4+ years proven visual design skills in typography, color, layout and brand.
* Proven experience designing for mobile and native screens, iOS and Android screens.
* Experience working within established visual design principles and visual design style guides
* Familiarity with interface elements, states, and transitions, and how to style and define them to enhance user experience.
* Expert skills in design and prototyping applications including Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and InVision
* Strong portfolio of visual design work for the above. Design documentation samples are required (example: redlines, style guides, design iterations or versions).
* Ability to thrive in collaborative team environments
* Ability to multi-task and work under pressure while retaining careful attention to detail
* Solid knowledge of CSS as it relates to visual design
* BA/BS degree in design or a related field.
* Experience with Confluence and JIRA or similar collaboration and task applications.
* Experience with or awareness of design for accessibility.
* Illustration skills for infographics and iconography
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH 0011243 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a banking and financial services holding company.