Toastmasters is an organization focused on providing public speaking and leadership training and support to adults. We're looking for a talented designer and front-end developer to help create and implement amazing user experiences within our digital tools and services.
We're looking for someone who has a passion for creating great user experiences, a keen eye for great UI, and the ability to build relationships across teams. The ideal candidate will have a foundation in UX methodologies and be able to help identify and translate user needs into intuitive and functional user interfaces.
You don't have to be a unicorn to succeed. If you have good communication skills, are self-motivated and keen to bring our members' voices into the room- you're the kind of person we're looking for.
* 5-7 years experience in user interface design and web development
* 1-3 years of experience in user experience design
* Experience using Bootstrap framework
* Experience in responsive design and accessibility best practices
* Proficient in Sketch, InVision, and Adobe Creative Suite
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent education
We'd like someone who ….
* Can clearly communicate design concepts and goals.
* Backs up design decisions with research.
* Is an avid problem solver.
* Collaborates well with cross functional teams in an agile environment.
* Is comfortable operating independently.
* Has a willingness to learn and share.
* Has excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask.
It's a bonus if you…
* Are a current or past Toastmaster or have attended meetings.
* Have a background in HCI, psychology, web development or education.
* Are familiar with Sitecore.
* Are familiar with Agile and lean UX.
* Have experience creating or working with design systems.
* Have previous experience with learning management systems.
* Are a certified Scrum Master or Scrum Product Owner.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which offers: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, 401(k) and Pension Plan, along with 10 days paid Vacation, 9 paid sick days, and 11 paid Holidays.
A close-knit culture and steady work/life balance are tantamount to success at Toastmasters International. The educational nonprofit strives to cultivate an upbeat, prolific workforce through valued perks, such as complimentary coffee and tea bar, free access to bikes in the business park, employee-focused events/lunches and prize-winning contests. The company-wide camaraderie can be felt in the sleek breakrooms and wide-open workspace that faces large windows and lets in a lot of light and positive energy in a LEED-certified building. Holidays are a big deal here: in addition to 11 paid holidays per year, the company encourages monthly potlucks, costumes on Halloween, department decorations and making merry at year's end. Smart casual is the dress code, which means you can wear jeans with a nice shirt and shoes. Toastmasters employees are welcome to become Toastmasters members with free membership and an on-site company club. Wellness is a big focal point with health, dental and vision benefits; the company was awarded for being one of the Healthiest Companies in America by Interactive Health 2015-2017. Come on board with 10 paid vacation days, 9 paid sick days, life insurance, disability, retirement options and more. Find out how Toastmasters incites a sense of community and why co-workers say they feel like family.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.