NBC Entertainment Digital is a fast paced, innovative marketing and technology group that builds award-winning digital products. What makes us unique is that we get to work with high profile, recognized content on multi-platforms and have the backing of a world leading Media Company. If you want to work on the future of television alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
We are seeking a talented UX/UI Designer to join our User Experience Design team, responsible for driving innovative and groundbreaking user experiences across our platforms, products and services. As UX/UI Designer you will work on a variety of projects, platforms and collaborate with fellow members of the Product and Engineering Teams to conceptualize, design, wireframe, prototype and develop business requirements into usable, useful and delightful products.
* Create industry leading digital experiences across all NBC content platforms (Mobile, Web, Voice, App & 10ft/TV & Connected Devices).
* Work with Product Managers, Developers and Engineers to define/deliver product experiences.
* Work with the UX team to deliver user journeys, user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, presentations and comprehensively annotated design specifications for internal and external development teams.
* Contribute to projects and implement entire user experience on assigned digital products; Balance complex project plans with multiple work streams and dependencies for the product lifecycle
* Incorporate UX research tools, data, personas, competitive analysis and metrics to help shape user experiences
* Participate in requirements definition process with Product, UXD, and Engineering Teams.
* Ensure quality of experience achieves our UX standards, and remains in scope; collaborate on alternatives when scope or technical implementation challenges arise.
* Revise and iterate designs and documentation based on continued user testing and feedback.
* Contribute to testing criteria for usability studies, A/B & MV Testing of products and platforms as part of the design process.
* Guide, maintain and communicate UX|UI consistency of experience across all platforms.
* Inspire new ideas to the team through expert-level knowledge of competitive and complimentary mobile and multi-platform products.
* Minimum 2 years of experience as UX|UI Designer or Interaction Designer within a large-scale consumer facing organization or digital agency.
* Minimum 2 years of hands on experience working with multi-platform, living room and mobile applications.
* Experience developing mobile/multi platform & platform agnostic product interfaces.
* BA Degree or higher in Interactive Design, User Interface or User Centric Design.
* Rapid Prototyping skills and Responsive Design Methodologies & required.
* Working knowledge of Sketch, Zeplin, Photoshop & Adobe CS required.
* Experience in iOS, tvOS and Android Platforms is preferred.
* Knowledge of additional platforms (OTT, Roku, Samsung, Xbox, Amazon Fire), UX guidelines, design language and interface design is beneficial.
* Working experience with Invision, Principle, After Effects or related prototype software is important.
* Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
* Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
* Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
* Must have work authorization to work in the United States
* Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
* Hands on team player who can handle multiple projects simultaneously of medium to high complexity.
* Experience with touch, voice enabled devices and 10ft systems for Consumer Entertainment Brands are a HUGE PLUS.
* Experience working in a fast paced environment with multiple projects and deadlines.
* Ability to create detailed designs, annotations, working prototypes and presentations.
* Exceptional eye for detail and an in depth understanding of our users' needs and expectations.
* Core understanding of User Experience principles and best practices of human interface design.
* High degree of creativity, user experience, interaction design and problem solving abilities.
* Exceptional communication skills: communicate ideas through information & presentations.
* Confidence working on complex mobile/web applications with consumer focused product UX.
* Experience with variety of user research techniques including user testing is a plus.
* Drive to deliver compelling, best in class experiences for consumers and proven track record working with multi-disciplinary teams.
* Consumer Electronics, Entertainment & Lifestyle Product experience are a BIG PLUS.
* A strong portfolio showcasing broad range of UX/UI and IXD are a MUST.