Since our founding in 2009, we've relentlessly worked toward a vision of a future powered by Phunware. We spend our days obsessing over how best to design, build, launch, promote and support branded apps that engage, compel and delight the world's most discerning audiences. For almost a decade, we've helped Fortune 5000 businesses throughout the mobile app lifecycle with data-backed decisions at every step. Today, we take that even further with a self-serve media network to grow, retain and monetize audiences and PhunCoin, a new cryptocurrency token designed to change the way you're compensated for the data you share. By bringing power back to the end user, we ensure that the Phunware ecosystem remains future-proofed, constantly self-enriching and - above all - a new kind of tech giant built by people, for people.
If you share our passion for innovative mobile app experiences and dream of a world empowered by seamless, one-to-one interactions, we want to hear from you. Get in touch with us today-our Phamily always has room for one more!
We are seeking a talented user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) designer work with our design team in Austin, Texas. We aim to design the most engaging and unique digital experiences, enhancing the way users interact with brands. We love to tackle tough design challenges and are looking for someone to hit the ground running on current and new design projects.
The UX/UI Designer will create and define engaging user experiences for some of the world's most well-known brands and work closely with our engineering teams to drive projects through to fulfillment. We're looking for someone who values beautiful, responsive design as well as intuitive, thoughtful user experiences.
The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive portfolio of various works with an emphasis on user experience and visual design within mobile. They will be a problem solver who thrives in a fast paced environment, enjoys collaboration and working with customers, and takes ownership of the work they are creating. This is for a contract / contract-to-hire position.
What You'll Do:
* Develop and maintain end-to-end design documentation for a project (including flow maps, mid-fidelity wireframes, style guides, prototypes, etc.)
* Create and maintain design systems or GUIs for a project and deliver visually designed screens that are consistent and cohesive
* Work closely with development to document feature expectations and requirements for acceptance criteria and edge cases
* Be the voice of design on the project and be able to explain design thinking and walk a customer through design decisions and options
* Deliver art assets and style guides to development and deliver design support as needed during development
What You'll Bring:
* 3+ years professional UX/UI experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Design or relevant field of study
* A portfolio of work that demonstrates an understanding of UX/UI best practices across desktop, iOS, and android
* A well versed understanding of optimizing designs across platforms and form factors
* Proficiency in industry standard software for wireframing, prototyping, and visual design (Sketch, Sympli, UXPIn or similar)
* Proficiency in creating, exporting, and packaging of art assets to deliver to development
* A flexible and collaborative mindset
* A focus on attention to detail with an ownership mentality
* A consistent track record for delivering commitments on time
Phunware: Everything You Need to Succeed on Mobile
Phunware Inc., together with its subsidiaries, is the pioneer of Multiscreen-as-a-Service (MaaS), a fully integrated enterprise cloud platform for mobile that provides companies the products, solutions, data and services necessary to engage, manage, and monetize their mobile application portfolios and audiences globally at scale. The company offers cloud-based mobile Software Development Kits (SDKs), which include location-based services, mobile engagement, content management, messaging, advertising, loyalty andrewards (PhunCoin) and analytics, and a mobile application framework of pre-integrated iOS and Android software modules for building in-house or channel-based mobile application solutions. It also provides cloud-based vertical solutions of pre-integrated iOS and Android mobile application portfolios for healthcare, retail, media, real estate, hospitality, sports, aviation and other sectors, and knowledge graph and data solutions that allow real-time mobile audience targeting, reach, engagement and monetization for 1:1 insights and interactions. Phunware helps the world's most respected brands create category-defining mobile experiences, with more than one billion active devices touching its platform each month. The company was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in Austin, Texas. For more information about how Phunware is transforming the way consumers and brands interact with mobile in the virtual and physical worlds, visit https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.phunware.com/&source=gmail&ust=1547941246816000&usg=AFQjCNHMFthuCFH2qu-vAMGpbB6toupq4Q" rel="noopener">www.phunware.com, https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.phuncoin.com/&source=gmail&ust=1547941246816000&usg=AFQjCNGSdMsu5-jVcYCZfuaOsA0BREPgrQ" rel="noopener">www.phuncoin.com and follow @phunware on all social media platforms.