Chenega Professional & Technical Services
Company Job Title:
Chenega Job Title:
Engineer VI, General
Exempt, Full Time, Regular, Salaried
Chenega Professional & Technical Services (CPTS) is seeking an experienced and motivated User Interface (UI) / User Experience (UX) Designer to become part of our team, developing mission-critical applications for the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). You will work in a collaborative team environment to design, develop and enhance front end software for a variety of DEA mission critical applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Creates intuitive, user-friendly user interfaces for custom web applications.
* Builds new user interface components for a variety of mission critical applications.
* Provides expertise to meet 508 compliance standardization for DEA applications.
* Builds new customer-facing features using HTML and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
* Develops web application wire-frames with basic outlines of web pages.
* Builds and enhances web application navigation and graphics.
* Develops web application style guides and design standards.
* Develops storyboards, mockups, process flows and/or prototypes to illustrate web application functionality.
* Gathers user interface design specifications from end-users and business analysts.
* Communicates technical requirements for web applications to application developers.
* Conducts tests of user interface functionality.
* Participates in scrum team activities and ceremonies.
* Participates in active team environment as both a continual learner and supportive coach.
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
* Expert in creating intuitive and useful user interfaces for web applications.
* Experienced implementing and testing 508 compliance standards.
* Expert knowledge of web design standards.
* Expert with HTML/CSS design.
* Experience with version control systems such as MS Team Foundation Server (TFS) or Git.
* Industry recognized UI/UX certifications.
* Knowledge of graphic design tools.
* Knowledge of databases, SQL, and data warehouses.
* Knowledge of user centered design principles and web usability standards.
* Ability to communicate thoughts to end-users, analysts, and developers.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent consulting and advisory skills.
* Experience working with the federal government.
* Ability to work at customer site 5 days a week.
* Active Secret clearance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to work independently and part of a team.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
* The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
* During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.