1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
UX Manager - Service Design
We're the Market Experience Design team, embedded within the larger Capital One Consumer Bank Design organization. Our team is focused on human experiences, reimagining the services and interactions we offer at our bank branches and café spacesWe are a humble but driven team that cares deeply about our customers and our colleagues.
As UX product design manager on this team, you will lead, inspire, and collaborate with designers, product managers, and developer teams that build tools and programs to help customers connect their money with their life and values. These programs focus on in-person experiences and conversations that are supported by digital tools.
You may help set the future direction for how to scale existing experiences and/or help prioritize and develop new ones. Expertise for this role include ability to:
* Lead service design initiatives (i.e., in-person experience design that connects front end experiences with back end systems)
* Shape and communicate compelling long-term design strategy
* Lead the design process for your team - from problem definition to design implementation
* Define product roadmaps, balancing user/business/tech perspectives, prioritizing problems to solve and the solutions or features to solve them
* Lead and facilitate collaborations to maintain constant dialogue and shared view with other partners
* Oversee the definition and quality execution of designs, flowcharts, prototypes, UI mockups, and production assets
* Identify and advocate for new design opportunities - and shape and scope initiatives for them
* Support research activities and know when/how to advocate for exploratory or testing research in the design/development process
* Translate quantitative data and qualitative insights into creative solutions and informed design decisions that drive positive and measurable outcomes
* Storytell to communicate progress, direction, and outcomes in a way that helps varied stakeholders understand and buy into the design journey and design choices
* Mentor other designers and provide design direction while leaving room for others to participate
* Bachelor's degree or military experience
* At least 6 years of experience in UX design
* At least 3 years of Service Design experience
* At least 2 years of professional experience leading or managing a design team
* Master's Degree in design or business is a plus
* Experience leading collaborative design projects and multi-disciplinary teams
* Experiencing teaching human centered design methods
* Experience designing and facilitating workshops
* Experience presenting work to senior stakeholders
* Experience planning, leading, and analyzing user research
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.