Fighting a multi-domain war requires integration across platforms, systems, military branches and coalition forces. The Air and Space Operations Center Weapon System (AOC WS) is the command and control center for operational mission planning, executing and assessing joint air operations during a contingency or conflict. The AOC WS provides the USAF with the strategic capability with operators at 22 global AOC WS locations providing command and control to aircraft through all of the Air Force's multiple critical missions.
Currently, the Air Force is modernizing their AOC WS, providing a technological advantage in everything from security to actionable insight in the digital battlespace. Using software development best practices, such as Agile and DevOps, IIS will integrate data from more than 45 disparate systems and applications that feed data into the AOC WSs. Raytheon's innovative 'Modernization through Sustainment' approach incrementally improves systems without interrupting critical missions. As part of this 'Modernization through Sustainment' strategy, the team will work with the Air Force to standardize, modernize, sustain and transform the 22 AOCs worldwide into interoperable net-centric AOC WS. The upcoming improvements will facilitate machine-to-machine data transfer, allowing commanders to make decisions more quickly while reducing human error.
The U.S. Air Force Materiel Command has awarded IIS a contract valued up to $375 million over six years to implement the 'Modernization through Sustainment' strategy for the AOC WS. Under this multi-year contract, Raytheon will update the existing AOC WS baseline software and develop and deploy new software upgrades to improve air and space command and control operations.
You have a demonstrable track record of experience helping conceive, define and execute user experiences across web and mobile products. Your portfolio will show that you have worked on a range of challenging projects across all steps of the design process: research, prototyping, and aesthetics.
* You maintain a user-centered approach in design perspective and practice
* Collaborate to understand business requirements and work closely with team members to develop solutions
* Lead products through discovery, framing, and iterative delivery
* Commit to exploring and finding the right solution for your users
* Stay up-to-date on the current and best UI and visual design practices and trends
* Evangelize new interface guidelines and design patterns
* Thrive in a highly collaborative, dynamic, agile environment
* Take a quick break to play table tennis, table shuffle board, a video game, or just relax
* You have a minimum of 8+ years of experience as a Product / HMI Designer
* Experience with agile and lean philosophies
* Strong opinions but hold them loosely
* Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills with a strong work ethic
* A portfolio of design work that is clear and professional
* A dedication to lifelong design learning
* Ability to rapidly iterate on prototypes
* Proficiency in Creative Suite and/or Sketch or some equivalent
* An understanding of HTML / CSS / JS
* BS or BA in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI); Computer Science; Psychology; Product Design; Information Design.
* You have 9+ years of experience as a Product Designer
* User research experience in technical domains
* Visual identity and branding experience
* Some fancy illustration skills
* The ability to code your own prototypes
* Experience with data visualization
* Consistently lead user research projects
* MS or MA in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI); Computer Science; Psychology; Product Design; Information Design.
IISAOC 137767BR 137767 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
MA - Boston
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.