11 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
UX Design Lead
As a part of the Commercial Design team, you'll be asked to join a passionately driven team whose sole focus is to redefine, solve and change what humanity means to banking. You will help your team deliver world-class products that will redefine our customer's day-to-day experience and relationship with their bank.
You'll research unmet customer needs to solve for existing problems or explore and develop entirely new business opportunities. You'll develop in-market pilots to refine new products and assist in bringing them to existing or standalone Capital One platforms - communicating findings to the broader Bank and Digital organization along the way.
In This Role, You Will
* Collaborate with business analysts, product managers, developers and design teams on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, and design, and testing of new product concepts
* Build empathy and be an advocate for our customers through participation in human-centered research and design
* Translate user needs, style guides, and requirements into elegant solutions for complex problems
* Leverage analytics tools to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making
* Utilize Lean and Agile methodologies
* Present research findings and design concepts to designers and product partners
* Be a leader and mentor; you'll challenge, grow and mentor designers and contribute to fostering a collaborative team spirit.
What You Bring
* Experience with user experience design and shipping products
* Working knowledge of human-centered design principles (e.g. Design Thinking)
* Strong portfolio of UX/UI design work that demonstrates experience working on projects from empathy to iteration
* Strong storytelling capabilities; an ability to weave key insights into a compelling narrative
* Experience creating prototypes at various levels of fidelity to articulate and test user flows, UI design, and/or UI animation using modern tools (e.g., InVision, Keynote, etc).
* Excellent problem-solving and client management skills
* Interest in service design with experience using service design methods
* At least 5 years of experience with user experience design
* At least 3 years of experience designing digital products or at least 3 years of experience designing omni-channel services
* Master's degree in Design or Master's degree in Human-Computer Interaction
* 7+ years of experience with user experience design
* 7+ years of experience designing digital products or 7+ years of experience designing omni-channel services
* 7+ years' experience with standard digital design tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, Axure, etc.)
* 5+ years of experience leading projects and other designers
* 5+ years of experience with information architecture
* 5+ years of experience creating prototypes at various levels of fidelity
* Experience working with Agile and Lean product development teams
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.