We're looking for a UX Content Strategist dedicated to crafting clear, consistent, and inclusive user experiences. In this role, you'll sit alongside product designers, brand writers, system designers, and user researchers. As a content strategist, you design the conversations people have with Zendesk products.
Your day-to-day will vary but you'll usually do a lot of design thinking, user testing, writing UI language, and maintaining our UX content standards. Content Strategy sits within Product Design and we have weekly writing and design critiques to make sure everyone is on the same page. You'll also be the best of friends with the Localization, Engineering, and Product Management teams. Each content strategist handles UI writing for specific key products or experiences. We'll determine the right fit for you once we get to know each other a bit better. Regardless of your focus, you will test language, think like a designer, and deliver highly-accessible user experiences, all while incorporating the charm of the Zendesk brand.
What is content strategy like at Zendesk?
At Zendesk, content strategists partner with teams across the company to plan, design, implement, and report on product experiences that uphold Zendesk's business and brand goals. It's phenomenal if you are familiar with design thinking and standard methodologies in UX, UI, and web content strategy. You'll be happy on this team if you geek out about human language, interaction flows, Google algorithms, ideal phrases, and navigation nomenclature.
Attributes we are looking for:
We have a sense of humor and can laugh at ourselves. We look for people who can do the same.
We like to surround ourselves with people who will speak up when something looks off or is headed in the wrong direction. We also like to communicate our brand through honest, simple, charming language.
We want someone who can truly understand our brand, embody it in their writing, and help to weave it into everything the company does.
Many B2B technology companies like to overcomplicate things. Not us. We always strive to be beautifully simple - in both our product and our marketing.
* Write in-product messaging, interface copy, product education materials, navigational nomenclature, and other content
* Maintain and help evolve content standards, standard methodologies, guidelines, principles, and taxonomies for various audiences and initiatives
* Partner with UX researchers, product designers, and product managers to build products that have clear, consistent, and inclusive product language
* Partner with our Design Systems team to design inclusive content for our products including microcopy, interaction flows, error messages, notifications, and in-product messaging
* Bridge the gap between brand and product in the areas of style, standards, and communication in a way that supports the overall customer experience
* Work with a global lens to deliver consistent content experiences across the product ecosystem
* Work with product marketers to refine product messaging and extract benefits from lists of features
* Support user growth and development by implementing UX best practices
* Document and track content strategy's impact on product development, business objectives, and the end user experience
* 3+ years of experience writing digital content
* 3+ years focused on UI content strategy
* Experience managing and mentoring writers or content strategists either directly or indirectly
* Demonstrated understanding of user experience and design thinking
* Strong editing and proofreading skills
* Strong eye for product design standard methodologies
* Proven ability to adapt writing style to match a company's brand voice
* An established track record in designing and managing successful UI content strategy projects from start to finish
* Strong project management skills and experience working successfully with cross-functional teams
* Experience writing about B2B cloud technologies is strongly preferred
* Bachelor's degree
* Experience working in or with customer service teams is a plus
* Experience with graphic production, Sketch, Abstract, Photoshop, Google Analytics, HTML, is a huge plus
* Experience with writing for both consumer and enterprise software
* Experience working on a global, multi-language product
* Has expressed a point-of-view through writing or speaking on topics related to UX or content strategy
* Interest in helping Zendesk customers through creating effective product experiences
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 100,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk's use of your personal information.
Zendesk is a company developing a customer support ticketing system and service software.