MetroStar Systems is looking for a UX Architect to create modern, responsive user interfaces that inspire interaction. The Visual Designer should possess an intuitive feeling for the way digital products look, function, and how people want to interact with them. If you want to join a company that values those that are fearless about making technology work and are open to commuting to Washington, DC, we want you to work for MetroStar!
Our digital Team is responsible for crafting experiences that solve client's goals through alignment with users and business needs. We architect their experience through research, design, code, and collaboration. Come be a game changer and join our team!
You're a great fit if…
* You fearlessly work with clients, users, and team members
* You are disciplined in branding, design experience for responsive web, color theory, and have an eye for modern design language
* You understand digital design is fluid, flexible, and adaptive for Web design UI.
* You understand typography, color theory, design systems, and component-based design
* You're passionate about creating modern, usable, and inspiring interfaces
* You own your work and have excellent communication and collaboration skills.
You'll love our team if…
(This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
* You have 2+ years experience using Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator) to create design systems, illustrations and user interfaces
* You have a Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or similar concentration.
* You have 3-5+ years of experience creating modern responsive user interfaces across platforms and devices
* You have an online portfolio demonstrating both visual and interaction design
We'll REALLY love you if….
(This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
* You have experience translating information into UIs and Interactions
* You have experience designing for Salesforce platforms
* You are familiar with libraries and frameworks such as AngularJS, React, Vue
* You have working knowledge of design patterns and pattern libraries
* Experience with Section 508 compliance
* You have knowledge of component based design principles and design patterns
* You have experience working as a member of an Agile SAFe team
What your day will look like:
* You'll work with an open and motivated team creating digital experiences that solve Client missions
* You'll collaborate with UX team and developers to build design solutions
* You will own the Interface and Interaction Design and will help its optimal implementation
* You take part in the Agile process, grooming different solutions to challenges
The Admin Stuff: Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for potential access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship is required
The Legal Stuff:MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.