Help Desk Technician
The Help Desk Engineer will provide Tier 3 support to internal organizational users and external client users who utilize a broad portfolio of software applications. Support is required during normal business hours to ensure that goals are met in accordance with the agreed upon service level agreement. This support extends beyond documented step-by-step procedures to provide a more capable first line support service that includes the ability to diagnose user issues, address service disruptions, and apply remediation techniques.
* Communicate directly with users and with Tier 1/2 help desk administrators to resolve customer incidents with software. Includes both customer telephone support as well as electronically submitted requests.
* Analyze customer problems of high complexity, assess scope of impact, identify options for problem resolution and act to resolve issues according to defined service levels
* Provide technical troubleshooting and root cause analysis
* Maintain user accounts, roles and privileges in various applications
* Provide answers to Frequently Asked Questions or solutions to common issues
* Collect information from callers and ensure that tickets are promptly and accurately documented in the tracking system
* Ensure that Service Request that cannot be resolved by the Help Desk are properly routed to the appropriate service provider
* Communicate status of outstanding issues to customers and ensure ticketing system is updated with the most recent actions and status
* Analyze support trends and recommend process and system improvements to reduce support request volume
* Develop strong understanding of business requirements and application support needs
* 3+ years experience providing IT customer support, incident and change management, customer relationship management, troubleshooting problems and triaging support tickets
* Possesses current working knowledge of the Windows OS and basic computer literacy on a fundamental level
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
* Solid problem solving skills in order to be able to immediately research, diagnose, and implement effective solutions
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical users at all levels inside and outside the organization
* Thorough knowledge of helpdesk operations including IT best practices, industry trends and customer service
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience
* U.S. Citizen or permanent resident and meet 3-year US residency requirement with the ability to attain a Public Trust clearance
Location: Rockville, MD
* SQL query experience
Salient CRGT is a leading provider of health, data analytics, cloud, agile software development, mobility, cyber security, and infrastructure solutions. We support these core capabilities with full lifecycle IT services and training-to help our customers meet critical goals for pivotal missions. We are purpose-built for IT transformation supporting federal civilian, defense, homeland, and intelligence agencies, as well as Fortune 1000 companies.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, express interest by clicking the Apply button below (if you are viewing this position on the Salient CRGT website). If you are viewing this job posting outside of the Salient CRGT website, please visit: www.salientcrgt.com/careers to express interest in this position through the Salient CRGT Careers page.
Salient CRGT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other factor prohibited by applicable anti-discrimination laws.