Looking for an experienced and talented User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) designer to design and shape unique, Human Centered Design (HCD) products and experiences. The ideal candidate will understand the differences between UI and UX design, and have a creative yet organized approach to tackling problems and creating solutions. They should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces. The UI/UX designer will be responsible for creating and designing web elements that optimize user interaction and experience. They will work with team leadership to create wireframes, storyboards, and conceptual models for testing and building with the ultimate goal of translating any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
The candidate will:
Build wireframes and storyboards to conceptualize design
Collaborate on scenarios, end-to-end experiences, and screen designs
Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
Conduct user testing of applications, software, and websites
Create and implement interaction models and user interface specifications
Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
Define visual elements, product elements, and overall design
Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
1. Demonstrated ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
2. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete designs.
3. Demonstrated ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
4. Demonstrated ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
5. Two (2) years previous experience in UI, engineering, UX, programming, or related position
1. Experience working in an agile/scrum development process.
3. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as an active member of a team
4. Demonstrated experience using wire-framing tools, storyboards and user flows.
5. Demonstrated experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions across multiple platforms (desktop, tablet, phone, etc.).
6. In-depth understanding of the latest UI/UX design and technology trends and their role in a commercial environment.
7. Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
8. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
This position requires an Active TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph. 130527BR 130527 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Poly
Type Of Job
VA - Herndon
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.