Lead the visual design of user interfaces for the Wemo app. Perform visual design and production duties for interfaces to appear on iOS and Android phones and tablets, including the development of backgrounds, typography, iconography, custom controls, and animations.
* Produce original and derivative visual interface designs to help establish Wemo as a leader in mobile software.
* Participate in product envisionment, prototyping, and development support.
* Articulate and specify visual, animation, transition, and audible aspects of beautiful, coherent, and highly functional interfaces.
* Collaborate with the User Experience, Industrial Design, Copy, Product, and Branding teams to develop interface designs that are functional and align with Wemo brand guidelines.
* Lead ongoing development and implementation of Wemo's bold, innovative visual branding within the app alongside the marketing/branding team.
* Ensure quality fit and finish of delivered UI work and collaborate with the software development team to optimize deliverables and maintain of that high level of quality in the final implementation.
* Stay abreast of developments in mobile interface design, incorporating findings and new ideas into your work when it benefits Wemo users.
* Communicate design thinking to outside teams.
* Work within Agile workflow along with scrum team to deliver high-quality designs for implementation.
* Fulfill responsibilities under ISO 9001 and 14001; understand and fully support IS0 system.
* Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
* Understand and follow company rules and regulations.
* Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Four year college degree in visual design or related field.
* Two years related work experience within software UI design and development.
* Effectiveness in designing and producing pleasing and functional interfaces, demonstrated by portfolio of mobile UI work.
* Ability to build a strong brand identity across mediums (app, web, or print) evidenced by work in portfolio.
* Familiarity with interactive UI design patterns, usability, and the unique constraints and idioms of mobile design for both iOS and Android platforms.
* Mastery of a variety of visual design software including Sketch, Illustrator and Photoshop.
* Familiarity with prototyping tools like Invision.
* Motion graphics/Animation experience is a plus.
What you're getting into
We've got big collaborative spaces for your big ideas, so bring an open mind and leave your suit in the closet. We all are committed to creating unique and rewarding consumer experiences. Everyone is interested in succeeding - for the team, for themselves and for the business. Cross-functionally and across the company, everyone has common goals and aspires to be their best.
You will learn something new or at least look at things differently every day. There are so many smart and creative people around that you'll be motivated to pursue the ideal.
Team spirit is infectious. Belkin is an extremely open workplace, where communication is essential. Not every idea will be accepted, but you'll be asked for your point of view. Innovation thrives on multiple and varied levels. At Belkin we challenge conventional wisdom and refuse to accept that something cannot be done.
We are committed to diversity. Belkin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
All candidates applying for a job in the EMEA region, please review the Applicant Privacy notice HERE
Location:Playa Vista, California