The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways - from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
The RoleWe are looking for a talented UX Designer to join our team and help design our web, desktop and mobile product interfaces that drive results. You should be experienced in translating business goals into user-centric designs, including wireframing, navigation flows, visual designs, prototyping, and usability testing. This individual will work with very senior engineers, business owners, and data scientists.
* Pursue clean user journeys and page flows creating a clear path for our customers.
* Collaborate with development, and product management teams to produce compelling, data-driven designs.
* Create wireframes, storyboards, surveys, and digital prototypes to effectively communicate your design ideas.
* Identify complex design problems and devise elegant solutions.
* Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
* Help develop overall design systems that leverage existing brand guidelines.
* Work on fast-paced projects, requiring attention to detail within constrained timelines.
* Epitomize flexibility coupled with a passion for owning and forcing the outcomes.
What You'll Need
* 3+ years' experience with developing enterprise software.
* Self-driven but collaborate well within the team as well as development and product management.
* A systems-thinker, able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns/behaviors.
* A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD).
* Experienced knowledge of the major industry tools, including Balsamiq, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, and Camtasia
* Eye for clean, visually impactful designs that are current and fresh.
* Ability to integrate Lean UX into Agile Development practices.
* Hands on experience with coding; HTML5 and CSS.
* You have a collaborative working style, focused on getting the best solution rather than your solution.
* Hold at least a Bachelor's in Design, Fine Arts, or a related visual art field, and have a foundational understanding of usability design best practices coupled with 2-3 years work experience.