Requisition ID: 213912
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 30%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Our team wants to change the way enterprise software is built. The User Experience Design (Interaction Designer) role will be supporting special pilot and incubation projects with a focus on validating new enterprise product, technology, and architecture approaches and the goal to actively help shaping SAP's future Cloud ERP architecture.
As part of the product team, you will work on a specific project critical to SAP S/4's needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We expect our employees to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the product as we continue to push technology forward.
How You Will Contribute
Your primary mission will be to understand our business needs and product requirements and transform that understanding into user-focused and intuitive products, interfaces, platforms for mobile and web.
Since you will be working closely with our product managers, marketers, designers, strategists, analysts and other key stakeholders, you must be a team player. Your tasks will include the creation of experience maps, user scenarios, mockups and flows.
You might also validate ideas and designs using split A/B tests and product performance. Design user-experiences from low-fidelity sketches and wireframes to hi-fidelity pixel perfect mockups. Establish benchmarks and to identify potential areas of improvement. Develop interactive reporting dashboards and different types of visualizations. Creating rapid prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers.
A Successful Candidate Would
* BS or MS degree in related field with 1-5 years of experience
* UX or interaction design experience; experience with responsive Web design and frameworks that incorporate strong grid principles, such as Bootstrap.
* Strong work portfolio that demonstrates systematic and creative design thinking as well as a deep understanding of UI/UX best practices and includes well-designed examples of responsive grid-based layouts.
* Ability to recognize and predict use cases and user interaction, including happy path as well as edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs
* Deep understanding of information design / architecture, gestalt principles, and user psychology
* Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work.
* Proficiency in graphic design, motion graphics, digital art, a sensitivity to typography, color, layout, and a general awareness of materials/textures
* Strong team orientation and ability to thrive on virtual, international, cross-functional teams
* Experience with modern front-end programming languages and frameworks
* Software engineering background is a plus
* Must be able to work from Newport Beach, CA US and willing to relocate if necessary
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.