Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Are you passionate about user-centered design? Do you love to understand customers - their mindset, perceptions, needs, and habits? The Developer Experience Design team at Twitch is seeking a strong, motivated User Experience Designer to provide guidance and insight into our products, platforms, and development communities.
In this job, you will play a critical role in uncovering key user insights and translating those insights into actionable, meaningful insights for the product, bridging the gap between research and design. As a team, we will lean into the value of these insights to further grow our customer-centric process and build experiences that delight our viewers, broadcasters, and developers alike.
You will be involved in every step of the design process, from project definition and discovery, to user testing the concepts you create and working with engineering to ensure the final product meets the design bar.
* Lead a hypothesis-driven approach to determine product-market fit of new and existing DX solutions, iterating constantly throughout the entire design and development cycle
* Take full ownership of the cross-platform user experience for projects from start to finish, including wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
* Manage your own process: Identify and execute on high-impact projects, triage external requests, and bring projects to conclusion in time for the results to be useful
* Work hand-in-hand across all disciplines of design, product management, engineering, data science, leadership, and planning
* Ability to go beyond the data to develop core insights about user behavior and understanding. Skills to transform these insights into actionable product and design outcomes
* Possess excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; have the ability to communicate abstract concepts clearly and confidently across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
* 3+ years experience crafting powerful product design stories, end-to-end design solutions, and conducting research on desktop, mobile, and cloud-based projects. A passion for the video game design, and/or experience in the gaming industry is a huge plus
* Familiarity with Twitch, its platforms, services, and community
* Understanding of developer communities within the software or product space
* Experience with web analytics and/or software instrumentation/ data visualization
* Formal Degree in Design, Interaction/UX Design, human-computer interaction, or a related discipline
* Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
* Maternity & Parental Leave
* Flexible PTO
* Commuter Benefits
* Amazon Employee Discount
* Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
* Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
* Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch is a social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture and the creative arts.