For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what's possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people - they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
Samsung Electronics America is looking to expand our team with current open opportunities as well as many positions that will be opening.
Samsung is currently seeking mid to senior level User Experience Design professionals who share our "Innovation through Passion" philosophy and thrive in a fast-pace, cross team, results-driven environment, with focus on highly visible, challenging, and cross discipline projects.
* Collaboratively work with cross-functional groups and external partners to deliver clear direction, specifications, and documentation on how to execute that strategy on projects while meeting project deadlines, and confirms that the quality of projects meet the original UI/UX requirements.
* Experience managing multiple projects of teams as large as 15 people with proven experience driving deliverables OR experience recruiting and developing world-class talent, by coaching, managing, mentoring, and promoting the work of multi-discipline User Experience associates on his/her team.
* Establish and communicate effective design processes through a strong understanding of user-centered design techniques coupled with practical experience in how a User Experience (UX) team should collaborate cross-functionally for maximum effectiveness delivering solutions for the platform.
* Lead strong teams through rapidly evolving, complex demands, including multiple projects with dependencies on other teams.
* Develop new approaches to User Experience design based on industry best practices, including Agile development methodologies, and ensure updated communication is readily available to meet the launch demands of projects.
* Work closely with Product, Engineering and Design Leadership to create and align a product strategy that supports our Consumer's needs, and delivers on the value of the brand and business goals
* Orchestrate and help deliver superior, superbly crafted product experiences at scale
* Set and achieve world-class design standards and associated business results
* Oversee and guide rapid, iterative conceptual design for mobile apps
* Conduct regular design reviews, elevating designs to world-class standards
* Participate in all stages of the product design and development lifecycle, including generative research, conception and definition, prototyping, UI design, and testing.
* Define, share and communicate design and product artifacts to ensure product excellence, leading and shaping the team and deliverables
* Maintain an understanding of digital trends and practices with the goal of establishing a strong design culture.
Role and Responsibilities
* 8 -15 years of experience with a minimum of 5+ years in User Experience Design or User Interface Design Management.
* Strong experience in eCommerce environments and driving User Experience as an advocate for the organization in senior leadership.
* Experience strategizing, establishing, leading, and inspiring highly talented and productive user experience teams.
* Executive presence with a smooth, dynamic presentation style.
* Demonstrated ability to drive designs that achieve business results.
* Passion and experience working with engineering, product and marketing teams.
* Extensive experience in interface design, research, and new product development utilizing Lean UX methods.
* Knowledge of current UX Design strategies and trends across web and mobile platforms.
* Deep understanding of Web 2.0 and mobile technologies, CSS3, HTML5, and responsive web design.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between 50% - 95% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable (90%+) work utilizing high visual acuity/detail, numeric/character distinction, and moderate hand/finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenge, some language barriers, and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include printers, copiers, faxes, and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Skills and Qualifications