The US IT POS & Digital Product Management team is looking for a skilled project manager to assume responsibility for POS release management. McDonald's goal is to be a modern, forward-thinking burger company delivering a contemporary customer experience. Customers are expecting new and exciting experiences and services that are easy to use and seamlessly integrated into their daily lives. In response to this consumer driven trend McDonald's has launched a global digital commerce platform that will enable us to grow sales, guest counts, and communicate more significantly and personally with our customers. Meanwhile, the POS remains the critical in-restaurant system for interaction with crew and customers, driving transactions and operations on a real-time basis.
This position creates and maintains the POS release plan, leads multiple cross functional projects within scope, schedule, and cost from conception to implementation, and partners with multiple business partners, vendors, and internal team members.
* Participates in creating the project charter, the schedule, the achievements, the scope, and resource requirements.
* Collaborate, provide feedback, and partner with vendors and business partners for data application releases and deployment.
* Ensure the Project Team achieves achievements within scope, schedule, and cost.
* Drive issue resolution through issue and risk tracking and facilitating issue closure. Advance issues appropriately.
* Adhere to the quality assurance process that will ensure the overall quality and continual improvement of the project deliverables.
* Provide guidance, direction, management of resources, including prioritizing work and developing team members.
* Follow the rules of engagement for the project, e.g. standards, executive sponsorship/governance, team guidelines, critical issues, etc.
* Assist with budget management, including re-forecasting.
* Measure project performance against pre-defined metrics and baselines and take action to control the project to the baselines
* Communicate/report to partners project status on a regular basis
The ideal candidate has a consistent track record of prioritizing and delivering multiple successful solutions, planning complex projects, effective organizational skills, and communication expertise complimented by a strong technology background and understanding of McDonald's business.
McDonald's is an international chain of hamburger fast food restaurants.