Raytheon currently has an exciting IT position available that supports the Raytheon mission of making the world a safer place. We are seeking a Senior System Administrator that will be working in a highly collaborative, multi-platform and multi-disciplined environment. The System Administrator must have the ability to obtain a top secret security clearance as they will be responsible for administering systems that contain classified data. The candidate is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software related to a Windows and Linux infrastructure for both the classified and unclassified programs. Duties include, but are not limited to, server infrastructure maintenance and support; server management (software and hardware); storage management (logical and physical); access management in an AD authentication domain; data backup and restoration; software and license configuration; and workstation support.
By any measure, Raytheon is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing world-class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions. Besides supporting our noble mission and collaborating with diverse and talented individuals, other benefits at Raytheon include a flexible 9/80 schedule, technical training, career growth opportunities, new technology immersion, and a work site 3 miles from the beach , Los Angeles International Airport and minutes from the LA Metro green line train stop. Raytheon has also been recognized for several prestigious awards including Fortune 500, Fortune's Global 500, ComputerWorld's "100 Best Places to Work in IT 2017," and Human Rights Campaign 2017 "Best Place to Work" for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees.
The candidate's roles and responsibilities include:
* Ability to obtain Top Secret clearance * Active Directory Object Management (ie. User, computer, groups) * Knowledge of RHEL or equivalent OS * Administer backups and diagnose backup errors * Maintain strict access control to all networks and IT infrastructures * Partner with application/project/security teams and vendors to plan, design, and implement new IT infrastructure * Manage client agents for server monitoring as well as agents for server management * Proactively management of infrastructure to help maintain a healthy environment * Provide technical leadership and mentorship to 1st and 2nd level system administrators * Maintain infrastructure security standards for all systems & employ security hardening techniques * Create and maintains technical and detailed design documentation * Up to 5% travel per year
* Minimum of 4 years' experience with the following: * Window Servers, Active Directory and Group Policy * UNIX and Linux systems * VMware VSphere (ESXi, vCenter, etc) * Systems deployment, administration, performance tuning, and monitoring * Automation via scripting * Network and infrastructure services such as domain controllers, global catalogs, DNS, and DHCP * Infrastructure backup, restore, disaster recovery and business continuity
* Critical thinking - ability to solve technical problems independently and with collaborative teams * Proven understanding of datacenter concepts and technologies * Ability to effectively provide direction for a multi-disciplined IT team to product infrastructure solutions for large-scale, complex systems * Effective written and interpersonal communication * Leading large scale data center integration/migration project * U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date. * U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Active Top Secret security clearance * Experience with the following Microsoft technologies: * SCCM, KMS, MDT, and WSUS * Exchange and Lync * Windows desktops (Windows XP, 7, 10)
* CompTIA Security+ certification or other industry-recognized certifications relevant to a Windows/RHEL Administrator * Experience with Splunk, Centrify, and PowerShell * Experience with HP server hardware support and diagnosis * Experience with HP storage hardware support and diagnosis * Knowledge of NAS and/or SAN (e.g. NetApp) * ITIL Foundations v3 * SSO between Windows and Linux systems * CompTIA Security+ certification or other industry-recognized certifications relevant to a Windows System Administrator
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology or related technical discipline or 8 additional years of experience in lieu of a completed degree.
137581 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.