Job Description -should include job duties and any special requirements (lifting, etc):
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) IT team is seeking a UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator to join our Classified IT support team.
The candidate selected for this position will perform UNIX/Linux Systems Administration with growth opportunity to expand skills in Cloud Systems Administration.
Duties for this UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator role include, but not limited to providing computing support to classified programs in a UNIX, Solaris and Linux environment; troubleshooting and resolving incidents related to software and hardware; assisting in designing, implementing, supporting and integrating UNIX, Solaris and Linux environment.
Although this position is within a larger IT team, the candidate is expected to work well independently under limited supervision. The candidate is expected to be self-directed, able to prioritize work, possess excellent problem solving, verbal and communication skills, customer focused, and organized. The candidate will need to have experience in providing technical solutions to a wide range of complex issues.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active Top Secret clearance or SSBI as of day one of employment.
* Active TS Clearance or SSBI required
* 4+ years of experience with UNIX, Linux and Solaris operation systems
* Symantec Backup Exec, Symantec NetBackup, or strong understanding of server backup
* Scripting experience (e.g. shell scripting, Python, Perl, etc)
* Storage experience with NetApp
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong customer interaction skills with users of all levels
* Experience with Centrify
* Familiar with Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy Management
* VMWare VSphere (e.g. ESXi, vCenter) administration and support
* Understand common security product (Splunk, Lumension, etc)
* Cloud computing service provisioning (e.g. Amazon Web Service, Azure, etc)
* Container Technology (e.g. Docker)
* Infrastructure as Code experience (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc)
* Automation via scripting (e.g. Ruby, Perl, Erlang, Python, PowerShell, etc)
* Experience working in DevOps environment
* Security+ certification
Minimum Education Required:
* Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math and 4 years of relevant experience
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
131013BR 131013 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Top Secret - Current
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.