How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon is currently seeking a Senior Information Systems Technologist I to provide UNIX / Linux system maintenance and engineering support to maintain high priority operational systems at a high level of availability and resolve problems based on mission criticality and guidance. This position is staffed as an 8x5 position (with after-hours call-in responsibility).
Duties and responsibilities include:
* Performs Tier 2 software application maintenance and backups on assigned mission systems running a variety of operating systems to include Linux and Windows.
* VMware administration responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring and overall support of multiple VMware environments
* Setup, install, configure ESXi servers, maintain and restore VM backups and snapshots. Update system process documentation, guides, diagrams, and SOPs as needed.
* Performs routine and preventative maintenance such as general computer tasks, backup/restore, application loads, disk utilization, system loading and system monitoring
* Detects, isolates, documents, quickly reports, and resolves system outages or problems encountered during operations of the operational system baseline, which includes collecting diagnostic data, restoring the system operation, developing workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system
* Documents problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools
* Collects data describing the environment at the time of the failure and performs other activities in support of Tier 3 maintenance investigation and resolution
* Performs system monitoring, analyzing and documenting performance and conducting trend analysis as required
* Supports system engineering groups as required for ongoing analysis and integration efforts
* Works with other Tier 2 maintenance engineers across multiple locations providing enterprise-level maintenance support, with customer visibility, into all Tier 2 maintainer actions and responses
* Provides oversight and guidance to entry/junior level system maintainers
* Must have a BS Degree in a related technical discipline and minimum of 4 years experience with software application maintenance on systems running a variety of operating systems OR possess 12 years of equivalent experience working with customer in technical operations in lieu of a degree
* Must have good communication skills to effectively and accurately exchange information across a multi-location enterprise, with customer visibility, into maintainer-based actions and responses
* Must have the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
* Contribute to completion of project milestones under the specific guidance of program leadership
* Must be available to work after hours on a call-in basis
* Must have a current DODI 8570.1-M IAT Level II certification or must obtain the certification within first 60 days of employment
Current TS/SCI w/ Poly
* Backup and Recovery - EMC Avamar, EMC Networker, Veritas Netbackup
* Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP)
* VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
* Redhat Linux certification
BS Degree in a related technical discipline and minimum of 4 years experience with software application maintenance on systems running a variety of operating systems OR possess 12 years of equivalent experience working with customer in technical operations in lieu of a degree.
Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship and Current TS/SCI security clearance required.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
VA - Alexandria
VA - Springfield
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.