How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
This is a long term temporary position for Raytheon.
Mid-Level UNIX Field Engineer - 90% travel (TDY)
This position supports team deployments to our Southern California locations for 6-12 month durations
This position requires a current DoD Secret Clearance
This position will include shift differential and paid overtime and may require supporting a non-standard work week, and occasional weekend support.
Looking for an individual to support a team of Field Service Engineers tasked to provide effective and timely hardware, software, and network support and maintenance to the Global Hawk Surveillance System.
* Support Flight Test efforts on the Global Hawk Program and ensure continuous operation of the Ground Control System
* Make system configuration changes when required
* Perform daily pre-mission and post-mission setup and data collection activities
* Perform fault isolation, trouble shooting, and complex operational check-outs
* Collect and monitor problem reports
* Resolve failures and anomalies
* Linux/UNIX Command Line familiarity
* Network fundamentals, WAN/LAN switching technology, infrastructure services background
* Strong communication skills
* Linux/UNIX Systems Admin experience
* Familiarity working in a networked test environment and ability to evaluate and correct operational failures
* Familiarity maintaining S/W baselines and performing periodic upgrades and installations
* Direct experience working on the Global Hawk System or similar Technical Military background
Minimum Education Required:BS in Technical Field or Military training or 1+ years' direct experience on Global Hawk systems
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
Temporary - Full Time
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.