Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world's most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
The Unified Communications and Collaboration team's mission is to provide Two Sigma with better user experiences by modernizing the company's collaboration infrastructure and introducing best-available cloud solutions where possible. As such, we are looking for candidates who share a passion for tackling complexity and building platforms that can scale as we continue to grow globally.
The team is looking for a creative problem solver to re-imagine the future of communications, collaboration and productivity at Two Sigma. Ideally, you are adept in systems and software engineering and are experienced in evaluating, designing, configuring, and implementing hardware and software components for cloud and on-premise voice, video, chat, email and conferencing. This will include ecosystem technologies such as Skype for Business, Exchange, Polycom video conferencing, Pexip, Slack, G-Suite (including Hangouts and Gmail), O365, and RingCentral.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
* Streamline our cloud migration efforts by designing scalable and redundant architectures
* Developing innovative tools to enable co-existence, automation, integration and customization to meet business needs
* Ensure that our communications and collaboration apps run equally well on laptops, desktops and mobile devices.
You should possess the following qualifications:
* BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
* 5+ years development, scripting and automation experience using primarily Python, Java, or C#
* Ability to analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
* A deep understanding of the security implications and network dependencies of UCC technologies. Ability to apply that knowledge when designing, deploying and troubleshooting the UCC stack.
* Experience with cloud migrations in the telephony, conferencing and email/messaging space (examples include G-Suite, O365, RingCentral, Slack)
* Experience or knowledge of maintaining communications and collaboration platforms in the cloud (examples include G-Suite, O365, RingCentral, Slack)
* Knowledge of on-premises Microsoft Skype and Exchange design and operation as well as Powershell and .NET
* Experience with deploying and optimizing the performance of UCC apps on mobile platforms.
* Knowledge of Enterprise Mobility, with prior experience designing and implementing MDM and MAM platforms desirable (such as Blackberry Dynamics, MobileIron, AirWatch, Google MDM).
You will enjoy the following benefits:
* Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
* Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
* Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
* Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Two Sigma
Two Sigma Investments is a hedge fund that utilizes machine learning, distributed computing, and other technologies to improve investment strategies.