CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse, Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
The Games and Entertainment group at CBSi features a distributed team of talented designers in San Francisco, Vancouver, and London. We produce engaging products for premium entertainment brands such as GameSpot, TV Guide, Metacritic, GameFAQs, Giant Bomb, and many more - all across a range of platforms: web, social, native, connected devices, and more.
We're looking for a UI/UX designer with experience working on large, complex, multimedia sites. Our ideal candidate has a history of maintaining and creating new user interface patterns, interactions, and user flows for responsive sites while employing a modern design aesthetic through great attention to detail and consistency. They're also comfortable working with various teams collaboratively to create design solutions as well as testing and gathering data on their work to tackle complex challenges in order to create simple, intuitive solutions that address both user needs and business goals.
* Create and iterate a scaleable design system across multiple brands
* Designing the best reading experience across multiple brands and platforms
* Improve the visual language of multiple brands
* Design a modern, mobile-friendly experience to help gamers find vital info and answer to challenges in their favorite games
* Redesign vital experiences using latest best usability and accessibility practices
* Redesign a useful sign-up flow to help on-board new users and sell the value of service
What you bring to the team:
You have -
* Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
* 3+ years experience in UI and UX with a strong portfolio including live examples
* Great attention to detail and modern design sensibility
* Experience with:
* Designing responsive, multi-device web interfaces and user flows
* Industry standard software (ex. Sketch, InVision) and deliverables (ex. wireframes, prototypes, mockups)
* Developing and executing user research and testing
You might also have -
* Knowledge of modern front-end development (HTML/CSS/jS) and performance techniques on mobile and desktop
* Experience in designing for content-heavy websites
* Has created design work in any other medium (3D, animation, print, etc)
* Have a passion for gaming
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled