At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
Join the world-class team responsible for creating and publishing some of the most popular and critically-acclaimed games of all time, including the Grand Theft Auto, Max Payne and Red Dead Redemption series; LA Noire, Bully and many more.
A career at Rockstar Games is a chance to work and grow together with some of the most talented people in the industry, gaining new skills and insights as you help create some of the most forward-thinking, creatively rewarding, and challenging experiences to be found in any medium.
We offer successful candidates a highly competitive salary and compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package for all eligible employees.
We are seeking a talented and dedicated UI/UX Designer to join the Marketing Department at our NoHo, NYC office.
The ideal candidate is a multi-disciplinary designer that has very strong interactive and usability design skills and a deep understanding of the advantages and limitations of digital media to create work that is aesthetically stunning, legible, and usable. This person should feel comfortable collaborating with other designers, developers, and producers across departments, and enjoy working in an extremely fast paced work environment that demands a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and ability to turnaround tight deadlines.
WHAT WE DO
* The Art team works on all creative related to Rockstar Games and games publishing. This can range from designing a game's logo and key art through to branding, merchandising, and everything in between.
* We work very closely with teams across all of publishing, as well as our development studios worldwide.
* Our designs are often the first thing people see on any Rockstar game and we take great pride in creating artwork for this unique and iconic brand.
* We are lovers of culture and creativity across all forms of media and our work gives Rockstar's products their unique look and feel from stickers and special edition packaging to giant billboards.
* Design visual frameworks, interaction flows, mockups, and quick prototypes as well as polished visual assets.
* Define and document user interfaces for mobile, web, and media applications.
* Follow a user experience design process from concept to execution including digital advertising, social media, official product sites, email marketing, e-commerce, etc. for screen-based mediums.
* Approach design from a user's perspective, listening to users and balancing their needs alongside business goals and technical capabilities.
* Collaborate with fellow designers to help evolve the design language of the applications.
* Generate user flows, wireframes, personas using analytics to test assumptions.
* Collaborate across teams to design large-scale products.
* Communicate your data-informed vision and design rationale to cross-functional stakeholders.
* Communicate design decisions and specifications in a scalable and reproducible form.
* Manage experiential quality and consistency across features end-to-end.
* 3-5 years experience designing and shipping successful consumer-facing products in a fast-paced technology environment.
* An online portfolio featuring amazing interactive commercial work for desktop and mobile.
* Ability to utilize rapid prototyping and iterative design techniques.
* Experience designing for multiple platforms and screens.
* Experience working closely with a cross-functional team of designers, software engineers, product managers, and business owners through all product development phases.
* Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, wireframing and prototyping software.
* Ability to articulate conceptual design decisions to non-designers.
* Ability to deliver engineering-friendly design specifications and documentation.
* A love of video games, film, and entertainment.
* Smart, conceptual, confident, competent, adaptable, proactive, and results-oriented.
* Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback and can constructively give it as well.
* You embrace change and ambiguity as an opportunity for design to lead product development with new features and user goals.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. A portfolio showcasing your work is also required to be considered for this role.
If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you've got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.