The IT Shared Services Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire an UI/UX Designer to join our team. As a UI/UX Designer, you will operate within a team to design, build and improve SaaS products and solutions for the UNT System and its campuses. You will have a knowledge of user research methods and procedures, the ability to present and defend your designs, and a strong desire to learn new approaches to solving customer problems. You will help build products by designing and defining new product features and requirements. Finally, you will grow professionally, working in a collaborative environment with software engineers, product owners and stakeholders to design solutions that solve customer problems.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Create wireframes, interactive prototypes, and high-fidelity visual designs to effectively communicate UX/UI concepts to team members.
* Provide UX/UI guidance for new features and recommend workflow and usability improvements to modify existing features.
* Assist in conducting qualitative and quantitative user research to enable informed and data-driven design decisions. This can include A/B testing, moderated or unmoderated user testing, etc.
* Promote and share user experience principles and best practices within the development team and throughout the organization.
* Contribute to the effort to build accessibility into all aspects of a solution to meet governmental regulations
* Be passionate and self-motivated to learn, working constantly to improve and develop skills in order to stay current with design methodologies
* Engage with customers and stakeholders to evaluate concepts and ideas for product development and translate them into engaging user experiences utilizing the UX process and data-driven strategies. These may include range of techniques. (e.g. user journeys, personas, etc.)
* Other duties as assigned
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.