Ciena may well be the most important technology company you've never heard of. The innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile-stream your favorite show) are the products of ingenuity from some brilliant and forward-thinking companies. But those companies rely on Ciena, another vanguard of innovation, to create and advance the underlying networks that bring their breakthroughs to our doorsteps. VR, AI, IOT, 5G … literally none of it would be possible without the mind-boggling technology that makes the internet itself work. For more than 25 years, Ciena has been the global leader in networking strategy, and our technology has been part of the critical infrastructure running within the most advanced companies in the world.
What will you do at Ciena?
Looking for a UI developer to join our team that evangelizes UI development.
The ideal candidate has solid expertise in frontend technologies, is experienced in implementing quality products with a great customer experience and is passionate about delivering results.
* Own your projects from software design to implementation and deployment
* Work within a high performance team and ensure a high quality of deliverables
* Collaborate across design, engineering, and product teams within an Agile Devops development environment
* Architect, develop and test highly interactive front-end web applications and reusable components using current web technologies and frameworks
Areas of impact
This is an opportunity to make a high impact while helping the team deliver on business next-generation web applications.
* Efficient in HTML5, CSS, and CSS Preprocessors (less/sass)
* Experience visualizing data using D3, WebGL, Three.js, or other innovative technologies is a plus
* Commitment to creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
* Experience writing production quality code, preferably in a product based company
* Excellent at articulating, documenting and presenting ideas and work across the Engineering organization
* Ability to influence with or without authority
* Bachelor's degree in CS (or related) or equivalent work experience
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Making a difference in people's lives through design and implementation of leading network technologies. That's what motivates us.
A distinct way to work
Free thinking, free discussion, and collaboration are the norm. Expect more satisfying outcomes - both personal and professional.
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender or age.
Ciena is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
What you can expect from us
* You will receive notification of your successful application
* Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion
* If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process