At YapStone, we approach payments with the same startup mentality that we had when we launched our first payment solution in 1999. We are now focused on combining our entrepreneurial spirit with our immense payment expertise to take our company and our partners to the forefront of innovation. As one of the leading payment companies, YapStone is continually searching for passionate thinkers to join us in changing how the world pays.Join us in changing the way the world pays.
* The candidate must have demonstrated experience in the front-end development lifecycle, including user interface design, html development across different form-factors and devices.
* Develop exceptional customer experiences using latest technologies
* The candidate will partner with product management and create prototypes to test new features or entirely new applications on current and future online platforms
* The candidate will be responsible for documenting design
* The candidate will train and mentor junior members of development team
* Build and manage a talented team of software developers in a geographically distributed structure
* A love for learning. Technology is continually evolving around us, and you want to keep up to date to ensure we are using the right tech at the right time.
* A Bachelor's and/or Master's Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is preferred with 10+ years of software development experience
* Minimum 2-5 years of developing/leading online web/mobile sites and responsive sites is required.
* 2+ years of developing mobile web applications across devices is desired.
* Excellent programmers with exceptional skillsets will be considered even if you don't have prior experience
* Experience with HTML IDEs, CMS systems (eg:Adobe AEM, Drupal), mock-ups and wireframe development desired
* Experience designing and building dynamic and flexible web applications for extremely high traffic and transaction volumes desired
* Attention to detail and passion to develop exceptional customer experiences
* You have experience building and deploying in the Cloud. Experience in writing applications for AWS cloud(Docker, ECS/Kubernetes, CloudFront or Akamai CDN, S3) is a big plus.
* You work with the platform engineering team and product/project managers to validate new architecture and define roll out strategy.
* Comfortable working in a fast paced agile environment. Requirements change quickly and our team needs to constantly adapt to moving targets.
* Strong problem solving skills, ability to triage technical issues and drive resolution with cross functional teams
* Great communication, negotiation and facilitation skills.
Changing how the world pays is a mission that inspires us daily. It gets us up in the morning and keeps us up at night. And just in case we need an extra dose of inspiration during the day, our team can take in the stellar view from our Santa Monica office or visit the Yap Café in our Walnut Creek office to choose from a notably large selection of snacks. From comprehensive health insurance to gym memberships, you'll find plenty of benefits and perks that reflect our appreciation for all of the thinking and doing that goes on at YapStone.
YapStone powers a web-based and mobile payments platform that is changing the way the world pays for everyday expenses ranging from apartment rents to online marketplaces. With a payment platform that offers industry-specific payment, reporting and software integration demands to specific vertical markets, YapStone processes over $10 billion annually in the U.S. and internationally. Today, YapStone payment solutions include RentPayment.com (multi-family), VacationRentPayment.com (vacation rentals), HolidayRentPayment.com (vacation rentals - Europe), DuesPayment.com (HOA assessments) and StorageRentPayment.com (self storage). In addition to powering its own payment solutions, the YapStone payment platform is increasingly being used by third parties looking for a turn-key transaction solution in specific markets. With a $50 million minority investment by Accel Partners and Meritech Capital Partners, YapStone is expanding its platform into new vertical and geographic markets. YapStone was recently recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of Fastest Growing Private Companies for the 7th consecutive year and was also named to Forbes' List of America's 100 Most Promising Companies. YapStone has offices in Walnut Creek, CA, Santa Monica, CA and Ireland. www.yapstone.com