Rocket Travel, Inc., a subsidiary of Booking Holdings, is seeking a skilled UI Software Engineer (with competency in ReactJS) to join our core product team in our West Loop, Chicago office.
You will be working on our newest applications building components for our frontend platform. You should enjoy building new products, researching and developing new technologies, and coming up with new ideas. We are looking for a customer- and product-focused engineer. You should care about pixel perfect designs and components and enjoy bringing a designer's vision of the future to life.
Duties and Requirements
* You communicate clearly and effectively.
* You are interested in sharing ownership and product direction for our customer-facing web applications.
* You are passionate about learning and helping your teammates learn.
* You have worked on a medium to large-scale React project.
* You have worked with design systems and are familiar with atomic design.
* You have worked with consuming/calling REST API's.
* You are familiar with agile programming methodologies.
* You are authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer.
* You are available to start within three weeks of accepting an offer, and are willing to work from our Chicago office.
* Having ownership in our products and our customers' experiences, building features that can be implemented and deployed in a matter of hours.
* Learning and growing professionally while being set up for success, collaborating closely with experienced business/design/technology teammates.
* Working with intrinsically motivated folks with a track record of delivering great products.
* Developing software using AWS, GitHub, modern development practices, and the best tools available.
* Receiving a competitive compensation package, including bonus, health/dental insurance, and 401k matching.
* Choosing your own computer/gear.
* Receiving a monthly cell phone stipend.
* Enjoying unlimited vacation, with free travel credits.
* Flexible teams that allow you to work remotely for those days when life needs you elsewhere.
* Learning at bi-monthly engineering lunch-and-learns for professional development.
* Enjoying free snacks, drinks, and coffee at our dog-friendly Chicago office in the West Loop.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
No recruiters, please.