Symantec is the global leader in the rapidly changing Security industry and we are looking for ambitious Engineers to join our teams. Our product portfolio is diverse and ahead of its time. With over 3500 researchers and engineers focused on research and development, we continue to expand our Integrated Cyber Defense platforms to protect our customers like no one else can.
Our customers range from small startup businesses to many of the world's largest organizations. Our customer focus is what makes Symantec the industry leader in the Security industry. We are dedicated to solving our customer's most meaningful technical issues, and along the way we become their trusted advisors.
Within Symantec's Cyber Security Services Engineering team, you will mold how customers interact and use the strength of our products & services. Your job will be to help design and deliver elegant and simple interfaces that take on complex interaction problems. You will be expected to have strong user experience design skills underpinned by strong visual design skills, and a proven track record of delivering successful interfaces to customers.
As a UI Engineer (Software Engineer 3), you will:
* Work within the Engineering team that is responsible for end-to-end product and service delivery.
* Work together with our Product Management team, Product Owner team, Marketing team, and Security Analysts to help design and deliver interactive solutions for our services.
* Be a catalyst in crafting our products by channeling the voice of the user, envisioning initial concepts, dedicatedly iterating upon task flows, wireframes, and mock ups based upon user feedback, and owning the engineering group to deliver on these initiatives.
* Deliver user flows, wireframes, mocks and/or prototypes for new user interfaces and interactions.
* Actively participate in crafting testing protocols to test your work within the organization.
* Work collaboratively with other specialists across a global team.
* Experience in designing across platforms and devices.
* Ability to expertly speak about your design solutions, addressing tradeoffs, and how you are reconciling technical, policy and business constraints.
* Ability to balance the customer experience with business requirements and considerations.
* Able to prototype to effectively communicate design concepts
* Self-starter and take an enthusiastic stance toward achieving success on your projects.
* Strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills.
* Track record of shipping impactful projects in an iterative fashion
* Have experience and interest in data driven design.
* Bonus: Security-related experience
* Bonus: Agile experience (Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban)
* Bonus: AWS platform experience
* Bonus: Working with AWS, Jenkins, Stash, JIRA and other associated tool sets within a CI/CD environment
* BS in HCI, Cognitive Science, User Centered Design, Fine Arts or Computer Science related field
* Minimum of 3-5 years related experience (or Masters and 1 + years related experience)
Symantec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. Symantec strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, Symantec will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.
EEO is the law. Applicants and employees of Symantec Corporation are protected under Federal law from discrimination. See the EEO poster and supplement.