Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Req #: 190043131
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Within the Client Onboarding and Trading Controls group within Wealth Management technology, there are around 500 technologists building applications many of which are undergoing significant change and enhancement. The group has selected Angular as its strategic UI technical platform.
Wealth Management has a common desktop platform to which all applications are deployed, which includes among many capabilities a number of detailed UI standards aimed at providing consistency across all applications. In order to streamline development, a core UI library is being built which implements many components needed by application teams. This is an opportunity for a passionate and skilled UI developer to join that group.
Putting our clients and their needs first remains the top goal for our User Experience team. As a User Experience Associate, you'll be responsible for project work as well as helping shape the direction of our teams. Working as a valued member of a multidisciplinary design team, you'll be involved in complex projects, and will participate in user research and design planning to respond to feedback.
In addition to primary project work, you will contribute to design systems such as our pattern library, visual design library and motion library, as well as mentor others on the team. You'll hone your communication skills by presenting your work to diverse stakeholders and the broader technology organization.
Key responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
* Development of UI components
* Working with development teams across the globe who use the library to get feedback and enhancement requests
* Collaborating closely with the teams setting UI standards to ensure that the UX offers the best possible experience
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Minimum 3+ years of experience in designing and developing awesome user experiences
* Angular 2.x or later is preferred but not essential - any modern tool set is equally acceptable but do be aware that the role holder will be expected to become expert in Angular (currently version 7)
* Strong design and UX experience with proven ability to deliver great experiences - however this is a hands-on coding role and the role holder will spend time building the interface as well as designing it
* Experience with Jira and Confluence
* Knowledge of Git and Jenkins or TeamCity (or other CI platform)
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal English, which are critical to interfacing with stakeholders across the US, EMEA and Asia.
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.