Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is hiring a Front End/UI Developer to support a large program. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to join our team in Rockville MD and grow your career with the 5th largest IT services provider in the world. In exchange for your committed efforts toward success, we're offering a competitive salary, a complete benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, and paid vacation.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
* Experience with webapps, platforms, applications, websites.
* Experience in Web UI development technologies and frameworks such as jQuery, HTML, CSS3, Ajax, JSON
* Basic understanding of 508 compliance
* A strong background with RESTful Services Architecture
* Experience with open source backend technologies Node.js and NoSQL Database and UI Frameworks such as Backbone or React.
* Collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams to break through any engineering issues
* Utilize your strong knowledge of the flow of data to champion various implementation initiatives
* Put TDD/BDD and Scrum methodologies into play in order to smoothly deliver scalable products
* Agile methodology experience is a must
* Experience with JIRA ALM tool or something similar.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
* 3+ years of directly related software development experience.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline
o Will also accept candidates with a Master's Degree in lieu of 1 year required experience
* Proficiency in front-end development languages, specifically Angular.
* Government IT consulting experience
* Knowledge of the full software life cycle
* Knowledge and experience with Agile development methodology
* Due to the nature of the contract, US citizenship is required. Must be able to obtain an agency-specific clearance.
* Experience using Atlassian tools such as Bitbucket, Confluence, JIRA, and Bamboo
* User Interface Design
What you can expect from us: Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.