Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a talented UI Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
* Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
* Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
* Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
* Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
* Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
* Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
* Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
* Proven UI experience
* Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
* Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
* Proficiency in Sketch, Invision, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
* Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
* Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
* Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
* Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
* BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: None Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
* State:NEW YORK
* City:NEW YORK
* Category:Design & Offering Management
* Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
* Position Type:Professional
* Employment Type:Full-Time
* Contract Type:Regular
* Req ID:247184BR
* Location:NEW YORK, NY US