ABOUT GHOST STORY GAMES
Ghost Story Games (formerly known as Irrational Games) is a self-publishing game studio owned by Take-Two Interactive. Our mission is simple: to create immersive, story-driven videogames for people who love games that ask something of them.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for an individual who has a passion for the user experience in games. This person may have a programming or design background and understands that a fantastic game requires a fantastic user experience. This is both a technical and creative role in which the individual will be responsible for conceiving, architecting, and implementing extremely high-quality UI systems and features.
WHAT WE OFFER
* The opportunity to work on a creatively ambitious project in the immersive sim genre.
* A world-class team of less than 40 people. We are committed to making games that we judge by quality, not arbitrary timeliness. We are proud to be home to some of the most talented, smartest, nicest, and hardest-working colleagues. We make mistakes sometimes, but we help each other by finding mistakes early and depending on each other to fix them quickly.
* Open Communication: Our team members are welcome to join any meeting, and we have a mostly flat structure. Do you have a question or a concern? Just walk up (or Slack) anyone and ask! Team-based decision making is important to us, regardless of your position - every opinion counts and is considered.
* The Space: We love our studio space and all the comfortable perks that come with it, such as a fully stocked kitchen (drinks, fruit, snacks, breakfast food), plenty of shops, restaurants, services, and urgent care within walking distance, a game room, a quiet room, outdoor deck, free parking, public transportation connections including the Amtrak train into Boston + NY, and maybe, just maybe, we have a bathysphere whiskey bar.
* Free Merchandise: Every new employee is welcomed with an onboarding swag package to make sure they blend right in. Additionally, each of our team members can expect to receive a new merchandise item every time one goes live in our fan store. For fans of other Take-Two studios, there is a discounted employee store where you can find the latest games and swag from our sister studios.
* On-Site Support: Our world-class IT and Operations teams make sure that you get what you need to do what you do best. They keep us working, fed, hydrated, and happy. Full team-catered lunches for new employee welcomes or significant team meetings? Receiving your online shopping orders? Getting you an aspirin when needed? They have your back!
Great Place to Work® has certified our workplace culture. At Ghost Story Games, 100 percent of employees say their workplace is great, which ties us for first spot in the games industry.
* Conceive, design, and implement UI systems and features that are tightly integrated with various gameplay systems, and bring them to a fully realized, superb shipping quality.
* Constantly seek out ways to improve and champion the user experience.
* Maintain and adapt existing features and logic.
* A strong understanding and applicable knowledge of user experience in games.
* Deep knowledge of and experience with visual scripting languages such as UE4 Blueprints, Kismet, or PlayMaker.
* 5+ years of development experience in the game industry, with recent hands-on implementation experience.
* Must have worked on projects throughout the entire production cycle, from conception through ship.
* Excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
* Ability to work independently to diagnose and solve problems and to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
* Understanding of programming concepts.
* Knowledge in C++ or comparable language.
* Passion for narrative first-person shooters.
* One or more titles shipped using UE4 or UE3.
* Firsthand knowledge of design for shooters, immersive sims, and/or action RPGs.
* Experience with Perforce or similar source-control solutions.
WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
Please have played or at least be familiar with our legacy games System Shock 2, BioShock and BioShock Infinite. View this video from Ken Levine's 2014 GDC talk which explains some of the high-level concepts for the game we're working on.